cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had 450 cell phones in the back of my SUV for 6 days. They are in open boxes and my windows are closed. The last two days it has been over 90* and my car stinks inside.

I know it is my cell phones, think about it. These are old used and broken phones and where did they spend most of their useful life? In front of someones mouth getting talked into and spit into. Now multiply that by 450 and by 90*

Well they are all gone now. During lunch I packed them in two boxes and they are ready for pick up to go to my processor in FL. I have now bought and sold 6555 phones and most have gone to Jack at Responsible Electronics Recycling For Ocala And Central Fl and he picks up the shipping. I think he has a minimum of 25lbs but not sure. He pays me $6.00/LB for phones (less battery) BUT, if the phone is on his re-sell list he pays a lot more.

Last edited:

Ocean6

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2010
edit: if this is too much of a commercial plug, please let me know where would be the best to place it.

I want to offer the other weekend warriors like cyberdan the opportunity to make some $ while out on their hunts!

Thanks!
Ocean6
end edit

Hey Cyberdan! Thanks a ton!

Yes, we buy any and all cell phone ever made.

We pay $6/lb for scrap cell phones with no batteries and no backs, $10/lb for clean cell phone boards, $.50/lb for Li-ion batteries fom cell phones, and for any phone worth more than scrap we pay you market value!

WE ALSO PAY FOR SHIPPING WITH PRE-PAID FED EX SHIPPING LABELS!

If you need help identifying items or components, or have questions, the best way to reach me is email: [email protected]

Let's make some money!!

Jack Ostteen
Relectrocycle, LLC

Here is a full list of the items we purchase:

Scrap Cell Phones: $6.00/lb
Reusable Cell Phones: $2-$200 depending on model, condition
Li-Ion Batteries from Cell Phones & Laptops: $.50/lb
Scrap Pagers: $.50/lb
Cell Phone Boards: $10.00/lb
Reusable Computer Towers: $5-$50 depending on model, condition, components
Reusable Laptops: $5-$150 depending on model, condition, components
Scrap Laptops: $.25/lb
“A” Mother Boards = Green Pre-yr 2000 & Laptop any color: $3.00/lb
“B”= Non Green and Post-yr 2000 Mother Boards: $2.00/lb
Finger Cards: $3.50/lb
Finger Cards w/Fingers cut off: $1.00/lb
Gold or Silver RAM: $9.00/lb
Fingerless RAM: $2.00/lb
Hard Drive Boards: $6.00/lb
Scrap Hard Drives WITH board: $.25/lb
Optical Drive Boards: $.50/lb
Copper Wire and Cables: $.30/lb with no adapters
Processors:
Green Fiber with metal lids: $5.00 /lb
Green/Yellow Fiber NO metal lid: $8.00 /lb
Slot Processors: $10/lb
Ceramic with Aluminum lid: $20.00/lb
Black Fiber : $25.00 /lb
Ceramic no Gold Lid: $25.00/lb
Ceramic WITH ONE Gold Lid: $40/lb
Ceramic WITH TWO Gold Lids: $50/lb
Pentium Pro Gold top: $65.00/lb
Precious Metals:
Gold Filled: $.75/dwt
Karat Gold: 80% of Spot Price
Solid: 80% of Spot Price
Silver Oxide Batteries: $30/lb

Last edited:

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia
edit: if this is too much of a commercial plug, please let me know where would be the best to place it.

I want to offer the other weekend warriors like cyberdan the opportunity to make some $ while out on their hunts!

Thanks!
Ocean6
end edit

Hey Cyberdan! Thanks a ton!

Yes, we buy any and all cell phone ever made.

We pay $6/lb for scrap cell phones with no batteries and no backs, $10/lb for clean cell phone boards, $.50/lb for Li-ion batteries fom cell phones, and for any phone worth more than scrap we pay you market value!

WE ALSO PAY FOR SHIPPING WITH PRE-PAID FED EX SHIPPING LABELS!

If you need help identifying items or components, or have questions, the best way to reach me is email: [email protected]

Let's make some money!!

Jack Ostteen
Relectrocycle, LLC

Here is a full list of the items we purchase:

Scrap Cell Phones: $6.00/lb
Reusable Cell Phones: $2-$200 depending on model, condition
Li-Ion Batteries from Cell Phones & Laptops: $.50/lb
Scrap Pagers: $.50/lb
Cell Phone Boards: $10.00/lb
Reusable Computer Towers: $5-$50 depending on model, condition, components
Reusable Laptops: $5-$150 depending on model, condition, components
Scrap Laptops: $.25/lb
“A” Mother Boards = Green Pre-yr 2000 & Laptop any color: $3.00/lb
“B”= Non Green and Post-yr 2000 Mother Boards: $2.00/lb
Finger Cards: $3.50/lb
Finger Cards w/Fingers cut off: $1.00/lb
Gold or Silver RAM: $9.00/lb
Fingerless RAM: $2.00/lb
Hard Drive Boards: $6.00/lb
Scrap Hard Drives WITH board: $.25/lb
Optical Drive Boards: $.50/lb
Copper Wire and Cables: $.30/lb with no adapters
Processors:
Green Fiber with metal lids: $5.00 /lb
Green/Yellow Fiber NO metal lid: $8.00 /lb
Slot Processors: $10/lb
Ceramic with Aluminum lid: $20.00/lb
Black Fiber : $25.00 /lb
Ceramic no Gold Lid: $25.00/lb
Ceramic WITH ONE Gold Lid: $40/lb
Ceramic WITH TWO Gold Lids: $50/lb
Pentium Pro Gold top: $65.00/lb
Precious Metals:
Gold Filled: $.75/dwt
Karat Gold: 80% of Spot Price
Solid: 80% of Spot Price
Silver Oxide Batteries: $30/lb

Good information, thanks for posting it!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well cyberdan said he gets $6.00 a phone And ocean6 you say you pay $6.00 a lb ..... That is a big differance for it could take 5 cell phones give or take to make a lb.........

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well cyberdan said he gets $6.00 a phone And ocean6 you say you pay $6.00 a lb ..... That is a big differance for it could take 5 cell phones give or take to make a lb.........

I didn't proof read my post. I get $6 per pound and on the average phones weigh 3.1 ounces each (less battery and back)

Some phones I leave in the battery and back if I think he can resell. I got a real nice blackberry today for 50¢ If Jack can resell as useable he will pay me more than scrap.

There was one load I was expecting about $450 and I got a check for well over $600. I guess there were a pile of good ones.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't proof read my post. I get $6 per pound and on the average phones weigh 3.1 ounces each (less battery and back)

Some phones I leave in the battery and back if I think he can resell. I got a real nice blackberry today for 50¢ If Jack can resell as useable he will pay me more than scrap.

There was one load I was expecting about $450 and I got a check for well over $600. I guess there were a pile of good ones.
Sorry for the misunderstanding ... You have got me strighten out now.... They both pay the same....And you got a good buck for them old phones......:icon_thumleft:

Ocean6

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2010
That was a typo by Dan. It is $6/lb. (in response to Keppy. Thanks for fixing your post Dan)

Last edited:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that you are selling these for a little cash and cash is always nice. However, have you ever considered donating your phones to domestic violence victims? I know the Verizon stores have a box to dump your old phones in (they don't have to be just phones sold by Verizon, they take any phones). From what I understand, the phones are refurbished and given to women/children in domestic violence shelters. It enables them to call 911 if they are in danger. (Not sure if they can buy minutes or anything to put on these phones, but access to 911 at all times is a good thing for these folks). These phones can literally be life savers. Just a suggestion....

Ocean6

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2010
Well AC1955, I am in business to make money and support my family and the families of my employees, as well as do business with other working folks, so no, we don't donate our phones.

We DO however, offer fundraising events for people who want to raise money for an organization, school, etc, so if you would like to collect a bunch of cell phones, laptops, and tablet pcs, and send them to us, I will pay you directly, or make a donation to the charity or organization of your choosing, in your name.

Let me know!

Also, AC1955, if you would like to donate any of the items you find while out treasure hunting, I'm sure I could connect you with one of the charities we have raised $ for!!

Thanks a ton!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well AC1955.... Myself i don't donate anything i can sell ..... if i can't sell it it then goes to goodwill or some place like that..............They seem to get rid of it..........

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
very cool ocean6, I will be contacting you about some of this. I do foreslosure home inspections and cleanouts. I pick up at least a phone a day from these vacant homes, I have left all the monitors behind or thrown them out the past few years, sad huh? lol now i have to find where I put most of them at

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread