Black & whute celebrity photos

tattooedmomma

Aug 5, 2008
Got these for a few dollars 8 by 10" the Michelle pfifer one has the photographers name on the back. Are these worth anything??

image-3407658482.jpg

image-454700990.jpg

Attachments

• image-3411297431.jpg
    image-3411297431.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 102

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get them autographed, probably. Google those celeb addresses and try mailing in for a graph would be my advice.

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If those are genuine developed photos, they might be worth more to someone if they have an autograph rather than a reprint or scan of the same photo. Celeb addresses for fanmail and autographs are easily found on the net. For the price of a stamp, it might be worth it.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
If those are genuine developed photos, they might be worth more to someone if they have an autograph rather than a reprint or scan of the same photo. Celeb addresses for fanmail and autographs are easily found on the net. For the price of a stamp, it might be worth it.

Ok thats great but...

I mean, thats like taking a picture of a gold ring and then saying "well the picture might be worth money if you sell it along with the gold ring".

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in SoCA so I see and buy them all the time. I try to pay $1, if they want more I pass.

I have been lucky, I usually get around $10 ea on feeBay.

You need a strong magnifying glass. look at a gray area, is it made up of tiny dots? If yes, put it back. it was made on a printing press. If it looks a little funny or "out of balance" it might be a photo of an original photo.

The last few pics I bought it would be hard to get their autographs.
Lucy and Harpo in their Mirror routein.
All the Munsters in the munster mobile.
Betty Grabel in her bathing suit with hand on hip and butt facing the camera.
I still have one that I have not tried to sell yet. I think it has Nixon, Reagan and George W and all the wives. I live very close to the nixon birthplace and I think the shot was taken there.

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thats great but...

I mean, thats like taking a picture of a gold ring and then saying "well the picture might be worth money if you sell it along with the gold ring".

This is a poor analogy and makes zero sense. Autograph collecting is a huge hobby and some celebs sign TTM.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a poor analogy and makes zero sense. Autograph collecting is a huge hobby and some celebs sign TTM.

My thoughts exactly. Heck, even autographed, most pictures aren't worth more than $10-20 in most cases. The people that seem to make money on photographs are those that have thousands for sale at a time and make their money on volume. Which is why I have stacks of post cards laying around now. I can't get motivated to sell just a few when I know that most will go unsold unless I price them dirt cheap. It becomes a lot of work to end up making $3. At least with an autograph you have a way to set yourself apart from the crowd. Of course, it needs to be certified to be really trusted anymore.

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts exactly. Heck, even autographed, most pictures aren't worth more than $10-20 in most cases. The people that seem to make money on photographs are those that have thousands for sale at a time and make their money on volume. Which is why I have stacks of post cards laying around now. I can't get motivated to sell just a few when I know that most will go unsold unless I price them dirt cheap. It becomes a lot of work to end up making $3. At least with an autograph you have a way to set yourself apart from the crowd. Of course, it needs to be certified to be really trusted anymore.

When it comes to reprints, you are correct. But, an actual BnW developed from the photographer graphed can command serious coin, to the right collector. Also, don't always trust the certs. That part is BS also - you are paying for an opinion. The hobby has been tainted badly, and there are many fakes, hence why I suggested TTM. Send it with a SASE. Worst case, you get it back not signed for the cost of a stamp. I finally got Peyton Manning TTM on a rookie card after he signed with Denver. More so for sports, this website is a resource for celebs in person and TTM as well.

SportsCollectors.Net - Sports Autograph Resource and Community

manning.jpg

Last edited:

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
If you decide to send the photos, be aware you may not get them back. Years ago I had a movie still, and wrote a letter to the actress asking if she would sign it for me (I included an SASE). She wrote back and said she would sign it, so I sent the movie still, and never heard saw it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread