Does anyone here actually use Worthpoint for research?

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how many times I've tried to research an item in the completed eBay auctions to determine it's value and found nothing but then did a Google search only to be led to eBay auctions that are no longer in the data base or led to Worthpoint which will tell you absolutely NOTHING unless you want to pay or the info which in most cases is being pulled from eBay anyway.... If you've sold something on eBay in the past that was rare, semi-scare or even vintage for that matter, Worthpoint has probably snagged your sales results to sell to it's subscribers.

If you've experienced this and are annoyed by it as well, here's a hint: When doing a Google search, after typing in the item you're looking for, type -Worthpoint (minus) or in some cases -Worthpoint -eBay and none of the search results will be from either site. I did this just for the hell of it a couple months ago and found that it actually worked... I guess it's just a reverse of how people used to search with the +.

Does anyone here actually pay for Worthpoint?

Worthpoint = Worthless IMO

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same here I never actually paid, but I think it just gives a
general idea of what was paid on Ebay for similar items

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just thinking the same thing two hours ago. I clicked on the try it free button and it took me to a subscription page where I would have to sign up first with a monthly subscription. I Xed out of there.

heybubbajay

Feb 28, 2012
SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would never pay for it. You can sign up for sites like LiveAuctioneers Antiques Auctions for free and have access to tons of auction house history. U can do the same for eBay, using completed items, but the history only goes back a few weeks.

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Hey heybubbajay, liveauctioneers seems to be a (EDIT) pretty shady place. Googling Liveauctioneers + Scam finds an enormous number of complaints.

I had to come back and re-write this post. It was just plain mean the first time around.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions