Its working so far...................or so I think

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
It's working so far...................or so I think

I am not going to claim it is rocket science, but I have been doing something the last few weeks that seems to be working. I am listing my buy it nows for one day only and if they don't sell, relisting 24 hours later, sometimes at a slightly lower price. I should say I am not doing this with numismatic coins of a semi key date, where I want several collectors to find it over a ten day span and then fight it out amongst themselves the last 6 hours. I have done it with things like baseball cards that don't move well in my home area, gold filled jewelry that I can't send off to the refiner, etc. I believe this is keeping my listing near the top and not buried for the first 3 weeks of a 30 day buy it now. I think a lot of people are like me and search ebay by "time ending soonest", just as I do when looking for something in their area of interest to buy. I was interested if any of you like Diggum and IP that have a lot more experience selling on ebay think I am doing something terriblely wrong or do such things yourself. Thanks in advance to anyone who chimes here.

T.

P.S. I guess I should add, as long as I am making a decent profit, my theory is to keep things moving, get back into cash, buy the next money doubler, and sell that. Rather than trying to get the last 10%-every penny out of every item. But that is just me.

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a good idea if it's common stuff and you have quite a bit of it to move. What I do that's kind of similar is when you list a fixed price with best offer the best duration to run it is 3 days. That's because offers are good for 48 hours, and given most people do see it in the last 48 you often have right until the last minute to wait and see if someone goes higher. If you list for 7 days and someone offers right away you're in a bad spot having to make the choice and most people still haven't seen it yet. The only time I have done i day listings is when I have a good size sale ending which gives me lots of traffic, I might throw a few overpriced things out there to see if anyone snaps them up. Otherwise I have no purpose in putting anything on for that little amount of time. Not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't see any use for me.

OP
OP
CladSpends2

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
IP, yes, I am doing it for common stuff only. Thanks for the input. Trying it again tonight on a fb card and a gold filled bracelet. The fb card did not sell for the buy it now price, the opening bid was put in and now the bid is 18 dollars over the buy it now! LOL Guess I did start too low, but someone tried to be too cheap. Either way I am happy, have a $38 bid on something I have $7 invested in. Anyway, slow, common stuff I have nothing or almost nothing invested in is moving. To me that is good business.

T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread