Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garage sale finds for those of you who can't

I guess many of you live in areas where there aren't any sales going on yet because of the weather. So, i'll keep it going with a few finds from this weeks sales down in sunny south Florida. I didn't oick up much this week but I did get a few items. Here are the pics-

DSC02705.jpg

I got these pipes and humidor for $15. I don't usually buy this kind of thing but I saw someones post on here recently and they did okay on them. The meerschaum is new so it's not worth too much but a couple of the other pipes are in the $25 and up range. I also scored the Guy Harvey Dolphin Zippo as well as a (not pictured) "Coins of the 20th Century" plastic coin holders from Littleton coin. It has a (worn) Barber half, quarter, dime, nickel and an Indian in it. The lighter and the zippo for $1.

DSC02673.jpg

Next I scored a Stangl Pottery, handpainted sailfish ashtray. Last one sold for $30 on ebay. Paid $3.

DSC02716.jpg

I also found a nice set of 7x50 marine binoculars made by Steiner of Germany. They are in exc. shape, just need to be dusted off a little. I may keep these and sell the other ones I have since these are much nicer. Paid $10 (down from $13).

I also found some Couroc trays. I forgot to take a photo. I'll post it later after work today. I don't know how many of you are familiar with Couroc but they sell pretty well, especially the large ones, and you can buff them out to like new condition if they have scratches on them. Here is what i'm referring to- couroc | eBay
I got a few other odds and ends too but for the most part, it was a slow weekend as far as the finds go.

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
You will do well with the pipes, lighters and humidor. I would love to find that deal!

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Another great haul of primo loot ! What is the age on the Stangl ash tray 50's ????

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great haul of primo loot ! What is the age on the Stangl ash tray 50's ????
Thanks. Yeah, mid 50's early 60's. It was designed by Kay Hackett, their top designer of the time, and for many years actually. Stangl pottery used to be Fulper pottery.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I always love the smell of a pipe. I think every one of my relatives smoked one, even some of the women.
Thanks for the link on the couroc, did you see that box of gun games going for over $200.00?!
Keep up the good works and HH!

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steiner is first class and expensive. Pipes and hmidor are a steal. You really did well and I have never complimented any garage sale person on here before...

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds and great prices! Definitely would have taken a shot at all of them. Plenty of sales this weekend around here too, and not just estate and moving sales like the past few weeks. If people are really jonesing I could do a little write-up as well.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I always love the smell of a pipe. I think every one of my relatives smoked one, even some of the women.
Thanks for the link on the couroc, did you see that box of gun games going for over $200.00?!
Keep up the good works and HH!
I had a great grandmother that smoked a pipe. :thumbsup:

Steiner is first class and expensive. Pipes and hmidor are a steal. You really did well and I have never complimented any garage sale person on here before...
Preciate that.

Very nice finds and great prices! Definitely would have taken a shot at all of them. Plenty of sales this weekend around here too, and not just estate and moving sales like the past few weeks. If people are really jonesing I could do a little write-up as well.
Write it up!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Florida don't seem too bad after looking at that pic. Looks like the blizzard of 78 when I lived in Va.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread