What ebay listings have you had removed?

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently there are many fake The North Face items. As well as fake Patagonia, Arcteryx, and any other expensive brands of anything. There are people that watch the listings for specific brands and have them pulled if believed fake. Did your mom get hers new at a reputable store or a second hand store? There are web sites out there to identify the differences in "real" vs copies. Good luck!

We got the ones that she was trying to sell at thrift shops, but I do a lot of business in winter/ski clothing and I would confidently say they were real. We found them in thrift shops in well to do Vermont ski towns, so I have no reason to believe they're fake.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd try listing them again then. That's crazy they pulled them. Maybe list under someone else's seller ID and see if they get through.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't ebay, but on etsy they have banned all sales of Washington Redskins merchandise due to the whole uproar about the insensitivity of the name. I had a hat listed and they pulled it, but for whatever reason when they pulled the listing they deactivated my whole store without my knowledge, didn't make any sales for a week because of someone's stupid mess up. Now all my redskins gear goes to ebay!
As a Redskins fan, this is the dumbest thing I've EVER heard. I mean what's next?

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had three. Two were in my first month of selling...
bone carved pendant (didn't say what animal it was)
vintage cap gun (no orange tip)
dummy 20mm round (said it was a switchblade knife in the reason part of the email...)

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I can only remember having two items yanked by ebay. One was an antique set of dominoes made of ebony and ivory. Ebay apparently won't allow anything made of ivory even if it was made 100 years ago. The other item was a Corning ware coffee pot. Ebay claimed that there was a product recall and the pot was dangerous because the handle could come off. My wife tried to explain to the brain dead fool on the other end of the phone that the recall applied to a different model of coffee pot but they wouldn't budge.

BTW, shouldn't this thread be in the All Things Ebay forum?

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had sheriff badges taken down Tiffany jewelry and magazine clips for an AR 15

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pin Fire gun...3 hrs. left at $98.00 w/63 watchers!!!
Box of rolled cap's...I can almost understand that but...Gotta watch what you say and read the agreement/terms.I hate to say it but i still sell.I remember the"BUSHIDO SKULL" day's...Early 90's when they had the"REALLY WEIRD ITEMS" SECTION AND YOU COULD BUY jOHN WAYNE GOOFBALL PAINTING'S&SUCH...AH PROGRESS!!!:thumbsup:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A wristwatch I used the word TANK to describe the case style. Apparently Cartier has exclusive rights to the case design "tank" watches.

TreyRogers

May 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elk Horns from sheds for dog training and chewing enjoyment. Hit or miss sometimes sales went great other times sell pulled for selling wild game products. Found much better buyer with no ebay issues. Now disabled and since elk seldom drop sheds near Handicap Parking places, my shed hunting has become very limited.

reapp

Nov 1, 2005
Lots of old WWII German patches, a helmet, knives, and stuff which didn't have any swastikas showing. At the time they were pulled, there was huge interest and the price were crazy high.

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Zippo lighter (there are areas overseas you can't sell to)
Anime DVD. (I said it was for adults and they thought I meant pron)
Bear skull (???)

I've been selling since 1998 so I'm sure there are a few others I've forgotten about

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had a pair of Oakley sunglasses pulled. Said they were reported. Had a serial number and matched the others like it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had a pair of Oakley sunglasses pulled. Said they were reported. Had a serial number and matched the others like it.
If they are legit then it was probably your competition, won't help reporting their same item though. I've been down that road before. Same item, same description, mine gets pulled, theirs doesn't. Go figure.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I had a German medal pulled; identical to ones awarded by the German government to Henry Ford and Charles Lindberg. I hate political correctness in any form and especially as it applies to historical events. It won't be long before you will not be able to sell on ebay anything with a Confederate Star and Bars emblem on it.

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a brand new gas mask pulled that had recently come back from the Middle East. Never used in perfect condition...others exactly the same were not pulled!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dentures and specific tools if the name isn't spelled properly. There have been more but that's all I remember. Once I had to take a small test so I could see the impact of copyright infringement over a large pipe wrench I listed. eBay required I take it and it was really strange.

I've always wondered if I'm the only person who experienced this little quiz from them

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
I've only had one. An Erie Railroad brass switch key. That was due to the fact many railroads still use them.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a brand new gas mask pulled that had recently come back from the Middle East. Never used in perfect condition...others exactly the same were not pulled!

Do you still have it? We paid a lot for my son's when he was there a few years ago. We got it off Amazon new.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you know that you can buy Disney fabric in the fabric stores, but G-d help you if you try to make something out of it and sell it. I used to make boutique girls outfits. It was a real hot field, with stuff selling from $75-200 an outfit. (Who is crazy enough to dress a two year old in a $200 outfit, I don't know and I didn't care. Just fork over the dough; no questions asked.) Minnie Mouse outfits were super popular, but one seller would report another to get her outfit pulled. It was such a cut throat market. So nasty! A lot of ladies moved to Etsy and then the economy went south and people stopped dropping huge bucks on little girls outfits ...

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you still have it? We paid a lot for my son's when he was there a few years ago. We got it off Amazon new.

I do not have it. EBay pulled it with about a day remaining on the auction and it was up to 90 bucks with a ton of watchers. I ended up trading it at a secondhand shop for God knows what.

I think they actually pulled the listing for the canister it came with because those expired. Can't recall since it's been a while now but I was pretty annoyed when they pulled it with others identical having sold that week

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread