FYI - Ebay store - May 1st changes in fee structure makes it more tempting

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at the large reduction in computer and electronics FVF I ended up getting a store

I sell a lot of computer parts and the FVF are pretty low in those categories for ebay stores.

If anyone was on the fence about getting an Ebay store , they should take another look as a lot has changed.

You now get 150 free listings with a basic store plus a reduction in FVF. You also get those extra features like vacation mode etc etc

eBay Seller Information Center: 2013 Spring Seller Update: Fee update

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I was going to say big deal... $30 and maybe 2-3%. But over a year it all adds up! That's of course if they don't make other changes to take those savings plus more. That said, I don't think it would put many over the edge if it wasn't worth it before.

OP
OP
mjlalt

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I was going to say big deal... $30 and maybe 2-3%. But over a year it all adds up! That's of course if they don't make other changes to take those savings plus more. That said, I don't think it would put many over the edge if it wasn't worth it before.
Depends on what you sell, the 4% FVF on Computers/ Tablets & Networking, Video Game Consoles is real good if you sell that sort of stuff.
I think i will save $50 a month on average.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on what you sell, the 4% FVF on Computers/ Tablets & Networking, Video Game Consoles is real good if you sell that sort of stuff.
I think i will save $50 a month on average.

Actually I agree with you now seeing coins is down to 7% as well. I'll be much happier pricing things knowing it's a flat 7%. This is pretty good timing because I've recently decided to do the vast majority of my coins as fixed price, and not auction which is how I've always been.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the guidelines for TAX purposes? Do you have to pay 'income' tax on the items you sell? Just curious bc Im half tempted to do it for the extra free listings alone. Plus, I would like to list mire items with BIN and force the buyer to pay immediately. Im hoping this will force buyer to pay....ultimately reducing the number of non-paying bidders.

OP
OP
mjlalt

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It changes nothing in regards to taxes. By law you are supposed to report it either way. However, many people do not.

You will get a 1099misc if you do over $20000 in sales and 200 transactions from Paypal and then you will have no choice but to report it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread