Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,
I don't have an Ebay store, just do listings, and they sent me an email saying I could list 1000 items, (auction and buy it now), with no fee over the holiday weekend! Anybody else get that, or have you checked or noticed?

I know my sales have been pretty bad lately, I figure I am going to try the "sling it into the fan" approach, and see if something will stick! :laughing7:
Outta 47 auctions, I got 4 bids! Whooppeee! :BangHead: But I'll take it! :laughing7:

So, just kinda a heads up here...... If you got nothing going on this holiday weekend and wanna sell the house, check it out. At least relist or renew any items that didn't previously sell, that should be quick and easy.
Good luck to everyone out there and I hope you have an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.
Thank you to all our vets! We will never forget!

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excalibur II, Tesoro Lobo ST, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate listing on ebay anymore because of sniper services. Its just too hard to get a bidding war going on. They really should add 10 min to the auction end time when there is a bid in the last minute or just find a way to stop the online snipe services from bidding on behalf of a bidder. I'm not alone either, ebay used to have alot more odd and older items, like a virtual Garage Sale, but now there are a ton of drop shippers and importers selling there. I can get that stuff on Amazon or Walmart.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thanks for the poo poo on that! :laughing7:
Right now, I'm doing anything and everything I can to raise a few bucks. I just figure maybe others may be in the same kinda boat.
Between fees, time, work, money, I shoulda just bought stock in Ebay and such, and just sat back..... :laughing7:
Oh well, guess I'm off to recharge my camera batteries....... :laughing7:
Ya'll keep having fun! :tongue3:

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I never understand why all the bitterness towards eBay. I dunno. I have sold on there for 7 yrs and quit my job to do so. The economy is horrible where we are. You can do pretty well listing things on there. I couldn't imagine selling at flea markets every weekend. I work maybe 5 hrs a day sometimes more. Yes, I have gotten burned on somethings but I usually didnt pay alot for what I am selling to begin with. I just don't see where you can buy something for a dollar or two and sell it anywhere worth while to make $ on it. Even if its gold or silver you give it away to the pawn stores!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never understand why all the bitterness towards eBay. I dunno. I have sold on there for 7 yrs and quit my job to do so. The economy is horrible where we are. You can do pretty well listing things on there. I couldn't imagine selling at flea markets every weekend. I work maybe 5 hrs a day sometimes more. Yes, I have gotten burned on somethings but I usually didnt pay alot for what I am selling to begin with. I just don't see where you can buy something for a dollar or two and sell it anywhere worth while to make $ on it. Even if its gold or silver you give it away to the pawn stores!

I'm with you there, and almost made a post to say how glad I am to now have 150 free listings a month, and my final value fees down to 7%. I didn't think much of this in the beginning, but damn it will be nice when I can blast on 150 of my higher priced things for free at the start of every month. After a long layoff I finally started listing again, but go figure I got sick soon after and slowed me down. I don't have 1,000 free listings, but do have 100 left to end May, and 150 to start June, so will definitely get those used up.

MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Fisher F2, Fisher F Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup I got the 1000 free listings too. listed about 50 yesterday, and got a headache from looking at the screen. Last month I got the same deal only it was 2500 listings!
I would say on average I have 70 auctions going at a time. Since I buy ALL my stuff at yard sales, auctions, and GoodWill stores I make $$$$ on 98% of everything I buy.
Today I sold 4 items I had $6 in total. My profit after fees and shipping - $42. I do this or more on an almost daily basis. Hard to complain there!

MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH and just a little advice. Search for your item in the "sold" section of eBay, and get an average of what your item has sold for in the last 60 days. Now list your item as a "fixed price auction" for the high amount that item sold for and set the auction for 30 days. If your item does not sell in 10 days go in and revise the price lowering it to the average sold price. If it doesn't sell and getting down to the last couple days you can decide if you even want to go lower, or just relist it when it expires. This is how I "roll" so to say, and it works out pretty good for me.

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
I hate listing on ebay anymore because of sniper services. Its just too hard to get a bidding war going on. They really should add 10 min to the auction end time when there is a bid in the last minute or just find a way to stop the online snipe services from bidding on behalf of a bidder. I'm not alone either, ebay used to have alot more odd and older items, like a virtual Garage Sale, but now there are a ton of drop shippers and importers selling there. I can get that stuff on Amazon or Walmart.
Bidding wars are still happening but you have to have something beyond the ordinary for sale . If you have that and 3 people who want it ... BOOM ! a bidding war . I don't see what you say is a problem and there are more and more things up for sale due to the economy . But if your looking for regular items then just get them elsewhere , but it seems your not selling but buying and the tread is focused on selling ... IMHO , Woodstock

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bidding wars are still happening but you have to have something beyond the ordinary for sale . If you have that and 3 people who want it ... BOOM ! a bidding war . I don't see what you say is a problem and there are more and more things up for sale due to the economy . But if your looking for regular items then just get them elsewhere , but it seems your not selling but buying and the tread is focused on selling ... IMHO , Woodstock

That's right. It comes down to knowing your product and the market for it. You either list low and know it will get the bids, or protect your investment by listing higher. The fact many people snipe these days is not a big deal, and you can actually make a case it's a good thing. I always snipe, and quite often overbid just because I don't think anyone will challenge me. But when they do, it gives the seller a great price.... and probably more than they expect. If I was in a bidding war I would most likely drop out well before the snipe number I enter to go in at the end.

There's just so many excuses I read why people blame ebay for their lack of success, and rarely are they ever a valid point. In my own personal situation I have much more of an issue with the Post office changes, because that is real costs that you see, not an assumption of why one might be doing bad. But there's nothing you can do but deal with it, so instead of complaining I just do what I can to make it work.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NOT ALL SELLERS GOT IT! My brother has gotten a couple negative feedbacks in the last year, because the post office smashed a package, or took 2 weeks to deliver it. He has a 900+ seller feedback but a 97.5% rating. He DID NOT receive the offer, and listed 2 items last night that used his last 2 of his 50 free for the month! When I talked to him on the phone it kinda ticked him off that I got another 1000 and he didn't!

MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw an offer now, saying that you get 2500 per month if you open an eBay store. ANY BODY THINK ITS WORTH THE DEAL??? I list about 200 - 250 things a month.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw an offer now, saying that you get 2500 per month if you open an eBay store. ANY BODY THINK ITS WORTH THE DEAL??? I list about 200 - 250 things a month.

That level of store will cost you quite a bit more than the basic $19.95.... where you get 150 free.

MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AHHHH! I did not see that it all depended on the level of the store you opened. Thanks Iron Patch!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOT ALL SELLERS GOT IT! My brother has gotten a couple negative feedbacks in the last year, because the post office smashed a package, or took 2 weeks to deliver it. He has a 900+ seller feedback but a 97.5% rating. He DID NOT receive the offer, and listed 2 items last night that used his last 2 of his 50 free for the month! When I talked to him on the phone it kinda ticked him off that I got another 1000 and he didn't!
Yeah, I just read this-

• Only sellers whose accounts meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards are eligible. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards. If you have received fewer than 10 detailed seller ratings from buyers, this information will not appear in My eBay; however, you will receive email notification if your account falls below the minimum performance standards. Find out moreabout seller performance standards.

MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be my only complaint on eBay. I got a negative feedback one time from a guy in California. He paid for a cell phone battery on Saturday night, and left me negative feedback on Monday because he did not have it yet ???? AND as most know sellers can not leave negative feedback for buyers so...

TreasureHunters

Sep 21, 2009
Salem Oregon
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my first neg... buyer said that he will retract it if I refund him, I never got the product back, told ebay 3 different ways, will wait and see what they say plus update here..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions