diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I bought a pair of Champagne flutes with crystal filled stems. The sticker on the bottom says "Made in Turkey". A closer look, held up to the light reveals the Lenox etched mark on the bottom. I bought them because the crystals in the stem were unique looking. Turns out they are pretty rare and hard to find. The ones with the pearls in the stem are common and sell for around $30-$40 for a pair. The ones with the crystals sell for around $200 in the box. Sadly I have no box but for $1 a piece I won't complain, lol. Seems Swarovski threatened (or did bring) a lawsuit against Lenox because they have a very similar designed flute with a fancier base. Thus, Lenox stopped producing these after a short production run. I guess they are popular with couples who are getting married, and are cheaper than the Swarovski ones.

I'm watching this pair right now to see if they sell- Lenox Crystal Jubilee Toasting Flutes Cut Crystals in Stems Very RARE | eBay.

This pair already has sold- Lenox Jubilee Toasting Flutes Cut Crystals in Stems Very RARE | eBay

DSC04158.jpg

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks frankendime. You too lookin-for-treasure. This was a pure luck find as far as the value goes. I didn't even realize they were Lenox when I bought them. Now I gotta go find the pattern for a Waterford vase I just bought today. :icon_thumright:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great find, I don't even look at stuff like that. It is one of those "I like it and if it don't sell they are still worth keeping".

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm obsessed with any type of etched glassware. I've purchased quite a few "made in Romania" pieces. No clue about the value. Just too beautiful to pass up.

We did a tequila toast at my wedding (hubby's idea...I'm not particularly fond of the stuff to be honest ). I used a lovely pair of vintage etched cordial glasses. Got quite a few comments on them.

Nice find on your glasses. Box or not, they are beautiful!!

MackieWang

Aug 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have another suggestion with those pair of champagne flutes which is adding some designs or your initials to make these flutes looks more beautiful and become more special.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Dig,

Nice find on the glasses. My mother just found a pair at a GW, and they are very similar to yours. I'll now have to double check them for a maker's mark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread