NS Meyer New York - Sterling Wing Pin - WWII?

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought this sterling wing pin for $2.00. I believe it's from WWII. Its stamped "sterling" and NS Meyer New York. Its 3 inches from wing to wing. The pin opens up about less than half of the way. Does anyone know if this is an authentic piece of WWII? Any info would be appreciated!

! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it have raised marks? Here is some more info on wings and more specifically NS Meyer re stikes. Since you mentioned the pin only opening a certain amount and you mentioned the whole name and New York, then I would assume they are period wings. Here read up- Anaspides.net Scroll down about 60% of the page to the NS MEYER RESTRUCK WINGS paragraphs.

EDIT.... PS- After reading and checking your wings, let us know if it is indeed WW2 or a re strike.

Last edited:

drbecker

Feb 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be real the back looks a little rough for a WWII era most originals had a pretty smooth back. What is the marking like a picture would help? The pin is a good sign only going half way. Either way a great deal at $2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The back of wings are smooth, it just has a lot of tarnish on it. I have to clean the back of pin to get a better pic of hallmarks.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, we need more specifics to know whether or not they are NS Meyer re-strikes or original. Read that link I gave you. It will tell you all you need to know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread