diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Went To This Estate Sale Today (updated with more pics)

This is a preview of the estate sale I went to today. I bought too much stuff to list it all in one post. I'll start by showing you the Craigslist ad and finish up tomorrow with some pics of my picks. I will say that I did get the Gypsy girl terra cotta statue that is identical to this one minus the finish on it. Mine is missing the front id plate. I paid $20 for it. My finish is realistic, this one is bronze painted- Fine Art, Antique Sculpture, Art Nouveau, Terra Cotta ~ M.S. Rau Antiques I will say that I think this will never sell for that price. Grossly exaggerated high dollar antique store IMO.

DSC04433.jpg

I flipped this image to be able to read it-

DSC04429.jpg

Here is the craigslist ad-

HUGE ESTATE SALE SUNDAY 8-? (347 SW 2 AVE DANIA BEACH)

00P0P_6dXZURZcwID_600x450.jpg
00M0M_fpUY3qvxP4l_600x450.jpg
00Q0Q_d3HJzWet115_600x450.jpg
00I0I_kPXxXlYWMuw_600x450.jpg
00R0R_3KH2RSIH4AT_600x450.jpg
00C0C_3O5JOLz1FKw_600x450.jpg

TRUE ESTATE SALE SUNDAY 8-?

LOTS OF ANTIQUES

GLASS-CHINA-POTTERY

FURNITURE

PAINTINGS

COLLECTION OF VINTAGE NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN ITEMS

PATIO FURNITURE

ALL PRICED TO SELL !!! BUY ONE ITEM BUY IT ALL !!!

BRING YOUR TRUCKS AND VANS

ALL MUST GO !

SUNDAY ONLY

NO EARLY BIRDS---DOOR OPENS AT 8 AM
347 SW 2 AVE (google map) (yahoo map)

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 3993880306
Posted: 2013-08-10, 7:05PM EDT
email to a friend

Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram).
Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info

Last edited:

maxiebaby0914

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Estate Sale Heaven! You were lucky to have been there. I am envious. Cant wait to see your finds. :icon_thumright:

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Floored!!! Huh, what?..Hey, just what happened? Teach on!!! Awesome. I would walk by without looking twice and thanks for your posts. I'm such a newb for treasures such as this..:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay here are some pics of some of the items I purchased. There's more but this is all I have time for now.

This pic shows a Steuben Glass Yellow Fan Vase, a Ruby Flash Souvenir glass 1895, a jadeite egg (signed), a blue Czech glass perfume decanter and a pair of etched uranium glass salt & peppers.
DSC04481.jpg

Next is a very cool ceramic deer tv lamp, an art glass hand blown vase signed (more research needed), and a Weller pottery apple blossom double bud vase (not marked but Weller undoubtedly).

DSC04454.jpg

close up of vase

dsc04464.jpg

A Royal Haeger Bucking Bronco Cowboy

DSC04449.jpg

A couple Indian baskets and pottery bowl, 2 brass (copper painted) Navajo warrior wall hangings. These weigh 7.5 pounds each, very heavy. I'm gonna strip the old paint and do something with them.

DSC04448.jpg

A vintage Aerolux flower filament light bulb (works)Aerolux Light Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Uncle Moses and Aunt Jemima F&F salt & peppers, a vintage indian chief noise maker clicker toy (just because it's cool), an Elk tobacco tin, and a Niagara Falls paperweight.

DSC04447.jpg

Jeanette Glass Marigold Sunflower pitcher and 2 glasses, A Murano (Barbini?) gold aventurine quilted bullicante art glass bowl, a ruby red hanging candle holder in the form of a cluster of grapes and a handblown blue glass vessel (don't know why I bought it)

DSC04453.jpg

A couple old moonshine jugs

DSC04468.jpg

a few canes

DSC04469.jpg

A hand carved piece of Haitian folk art religious themed

DSC04475_00.jpg DSC04476.jpg

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more piece of art. I like it so it'e probably not worth anything lol.

DSC04473.jpg DSC04474.jpg

Small objects and precious metals to follow when I have time.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh diggummup,
I didn't know you had it that bad! :icon_scratch:
Does your bumper sticker say; "Caution, I brake for yard sales" ? :laughing7:
And I thought I had it bad! :laughing7:
I think there is an MDA thread, you may wanna join, (Metal Detectors Anonymous). :laughing7:

Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see more! HH!

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buys. I did notice what appeared to be several engravings with all the art on the floor in the ad. Did you check it out well? I do love the indian baskets.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh diggummup,
I didn't know you had it that bad! :icon_scratch:
Does your bumper sticker say; "Caution, I brake for yard sales" ? :laughing7:
And I thought I had it bad! :laughing7:
I think there is an MDA thread, you may wanna join, (Metal Detectors Anonymous). :laughing7:

Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see more! HH!
You gotta get it while the gettin's good!

Nice buys. I did notice what appeared to be several engravings with all the art on the floor in the ad. Did you check it out well? I do love the indian baskets.
I didn't hit the art room first so most of it was snatched up quick. The ones that were left were in rough shape. The Indian that I bought was in another room. The baskets appear to be Seminole. They don't bring much but I buy all Seminole related items that I find. I just sold these 2 Seminole dolls recently, they're made out of Palmetto fiber-

DSC02932.jpg DSC02955.jpg

Miss Houser

Jan 26, 2014
pasadena, ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi- I don't recoginize the tall vase, but is very attractive. If it is signed but hard to read, you can try running a sharpie over the signature, to make it easier to read or photograph. Cover the signature with sharpie, and then buff the glass with a cotton rag, ink should remain in the abraded signature lines. Can be cleaned out later with denatured alcohol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread