Helen of Toy

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Found these at a local Exchange store (normally resell cds, dvds, video games) along with a bunch of old war/strategy board games. These two were the best of the bunch and are already on eBay for a little profit taking. All the board games were in the bargain bin for $1.00 each (and buy one get one free!). As you'll see from the auctions, they didn't do their research very well!

Helen of Toy offered mail order war game sets advertised mainly in comics back in the 60's. These were complete in the original shipping box.

693931702_o.jpg 693931918_o.jpg

If you are curious to see what they go for on eBay (that's always the most fun part!):

Helen OF TOY Woods Edge Complete W Rare Planes Shipping BOX | eBay
Helen OF TOY Fighting Ships Unpunched Complete W Shipping BOX | eBay

First post here (been lurking for a while and decided it was time to start sharing!) so sorry in advance for any issues with the post.

lookin-for-treasure

Jun 30, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice fushek. That's what I love about this resell game. There is always so much to learn and so many things that one can resell. Welcome aboard!

My Precious

Feb 10, 2009
Adirondack Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye and an excellent find. Even just some vintage pieces of incomplete games can bring a nice profit on Ebay. Congats on the resell.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Looks like you have a very nice profit already.

I remember seeing some of the ads for these things when I was a kid. Always intrigued, but never ordered anything.

OP
OP
F

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Without a doubt, my best eBay sales ever. Ended up going for $510 and $602 to the same bidder! I have some other war-game sets up for auction, but none will even tickle those amounts.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing flips!

You inspired me and I picked up a vintage boardgame from the 70s for a buck last weekend. Not selling on ebay for anything like your war games did, but I think I can turn a decent profit on the buck.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is outstanding!
Great job on the pick and congrats. on the sales.
Welcome and thanks for posting!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I have bought many board games over the years and most of them aren't worth much at all. I'm glad you found a good one. The best one I ever found was called Axis & Allies, it's a WW2 type of board game.

BTW- Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your posts.

OP
OP
F

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. I have bought many board games over the years and most of them aren't worth much at all. I'm glad you found a good one. The best one I ever found was called Axis & Allies, it's a WW2 type of board game.

BTW- Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your posts.

Thanks for the welcome all! And Axis and Allies is a GREAT game ... played it myself back in college in the early 90's and still have a copy in my basement to play someday with my son.

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
When I saw what you had I knew that you were going to be pleased at the dollar amount of the sale, but did not anticipate that high of amount when i clicked on the links. I'm sure you really enjoyed watching that eBay auction of yours! Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread