Now Hear This! Take A Closer Look-A Rose Isnt Just A Rose-Dont Get Caught In A Web

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Hear This! Take A Closer Look-A Rose Isn't Just A Rose-Don't Get Caught In A Web

Sorry for the stupid title. I got a variety of finds this weekend so I may be a little long winded.

First estate sale I went to didn't have much of anything that I usually look for. I did however manage to make lemonade out of lemons when I found these two bags of stuff that I paid $3 for. In the first bag was a working 4gb 1st Gen. Ipod and in the second bag was a bunch of hearing aid paraphernalia. I don't know anything about hearing aid stuff but I remember hearing of a cochlear ear implant so I bought it based on the name and the fact that she practically gave it top me. I spent a total of $11 at this sale. The other stuff was household stuff. Hear, I mean here are the pics-

DSC04565.jpg DSC04564.jpg

In the first bag was this stuff-

DSC04554.jpg

The last completed listings on ebay show the charger selling for between $100 and $130. I can only find 1 completed listing for the batteries, a pair of them sold for a best offer somewhere south of $300. The other box is a microphone protector, applicator 7 removal tool. Last one sold for $30. I have 1 in the box and 1 without the box.

The next items came from a private estate sale that I was invited to down in S. Miami. Got there a few minutes late so most of the really good items had been discovered and snatched up by the other 3 buyers there. But I did manage to get this really cool Bausch & Lomb microscope that dates to 1936. It has 3 eyepieces and 3 objectives. The box has a lock and key.

DSC04544.jpg

At the same sale I found 3 pieces of silver. A beat up demitasse spoon, a vintage Taxco rose brooch, and a life sized long stemmed rose that is marked 925 and has Italian hallmarks and makers marks.

DSC04545.jpg

Here are the marks on the rose-

DSC04548.jpg DSC04549.jpg

Some paperweights including a nice signed D. Bagwell (with the flowers) and one even nicer one signed Orient & Flume (with the spider).

DSC04556.jpg

Some other stuff I got there were a set of 24k plated Janis Collection corn butter spoons (value ?), a crystal ball shaped ashtray (value $25-$30), a lucite display paperweight "The Shrinking Dollar" not much value but I like anything to do with money. Plus a couple other bubble glass paperweights.

DSC04555.jpg dsc04562.jpg DSC04559.jpg View attachment 860267

Almost forgot, I got these vintage Dansk and Nordic Nob Hill tapered candles too. They sell pretty well. I already have a couple of the spider candleholders. I just need to find the box of Dansk stuff that I have. dansk tapered candles | eBay

dsc04563.jpg

I paid $75 for everything at the private estate sale.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last but not least was this Atari Flashback 2 that I got for $5 at a yard sale on the way home.

DSC04566.jpg

Not pictured- I also went to a sale at a Greek Orthodox Church and found some vintage 1984 posters. One of Madonna, Prince, Van Halen (David Lee Roth in Chaps) and Cyndi Lauper. $1 each. At the same sale I found a 1979 oil on canvas (rolled up like a poster) of Elvis signed by Lawrence Williams from Boxcar Enterprises (same $1). The only info I can find on this is that only 18 of them were ever made. I find that hard to believe with 5 listed on Ebay right now and 4 that have sold recently. I wonder how many fake ones there are and how to tell the difference? Size maybe? It looks like this-

$T2eC16R,!)cE9s4PtIO-BR,O0SW)IQ~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Wow, Dig...just wow.

Your picks are just stunning.

I need to move to Florida. I just don't see the quality around here like you find.

Nice picks!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. I found 1 spider paperweight like mine that sold for $100 at a local auction in 2007 for $100 but (after some research I found out) it was a "factory seconds," marked with the date and initialed O & F only, versus having Orient & Flume spelled out, artists initials, date and pattern code. ORIENT & FLUME GLASS PAPERWEIGHT SPIDER . It looks like their pieces are selling pretty good nowadays. I'm gonna list mine for $149.99.

The sterling rose is my favorite piece besides the paperweight. It's 16 inches long and weighs 45 grams. I see where one set of leaves has had an attempted repair to it. Looks like it broke off at the stem and someone used lead solder to fix it. I will take it to my jeweler and he'll fix it up for me for $5 or $10 bucks. I only have $5 in it so it's worth it. My wife is an Elvis fanatic so she kind of laid claim to him. I researched the posters and found out they are all worth about $10-$15 each so that's good.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the paperweights! Good finds, thanks for sharing!

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would keep the spider!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread