EBay sales for others.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By clovis97
  • 1 Post By clovis97
  • 1 Post By diggummup
  • 1 Post By Iron Patch

Thread: EBay sales for others.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4665 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

EBay sales for others.

When I'm out and I see some one has something big for sale that probably won't sell at a yard sale ill give them a card wih my name and number and that I sell for others online. I have got some smaller items to sell like jewelry and misc items. Saturday though I made contract on a beautiful 1968 mustang!! Light blue with white trim!!! Pics will soon to come, the only problem is I want it!

us
    Dec 2010
    631 times
    That is a great way to market yourself.

Personally, I don't list for anyone else for two reasons: 1. Buying stuff for resale is easy. Opportunity is EVERYWHERE. 2. I've never had anyone totally satisfied with the transactions where I've listed for them.

For instance, a former friend had 2 packs of Polaroid film at her garage sale for 50 cents each. I educated her on it, and offered a 50/50 split after fees, which she gladly agreed. I got $40 per pack for that film, which was tip-top of the market, using my skills, time, packing materials and top rated status. For years after, you could tell that she thought I ripped her off. In retrospect, I should have paid the $1 for the film, and kept the profit all for myself.

I have a relative that is good as gold, and I agreed to list a trombone for him. We listed it as a BIN for $199, with no takers, so, with less than an hour left on the listing, I took a $185 best offer. The stupid trombone was really only worth $160 at best. To this day, my relative still thinks that I owe him the ebay fees and the extra $14, even though I spent hours finding a box for the item, and then shipping.

No good deed goes unpunished in any situation.
    vpnavy likes this.

us
    Dec 2010
    631 times
    I should add, people often ask me to list for them, which I quickly say "No, but I'm glad to show/help/teach you to list it yourself on your own account."
    mojjax likes this.

Oct 2013
    fort myers fl
    4665 times
    I haven't had any problems with it yet. One lady is pretty happy. Of course I tell all my customers to take their stuff to a pawnshop first. Try a pawnshop or try somewhere else first and give me a call if you're not sure. I can show them one also what it sold for online and then they see what they get offered and it's a no-brainer. Especially on the custom stuff or specially things. I guess once I have a problem I'll probably stop doing it. Some of the stuff that has come out of this house is amazing though. I just checked the house the guy had 15 Fender guitars. All mounted on the wall In excellent condition. I don't know we'll see where goes.

us
    Dec 2010
    631 times
    Good luck!!! If she is happy, then keep working the deals, if that is what you want to do.

um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9929 times
    My brother in law gives me a piece every now and then to sell for him. We split t 50-50. I wouldn't do it for a stranger though. I'd rather buy it myself from them and then sell it to keep all the profit. I'm working on a 72 piece set of Gorham Chantilly sterling flatware at the moment. If all goes well, it will be mine.

I used to sell a little for friends but eventually it wasn't worth my time and the % I'd need from them wasn't really fair to them.

Feb 2013
    389 times
    I sell for a couple of fellow garage goers that don't sell online. I charge them 40% of selling price - any additional shipping costs. They are a pain sometimes but they find some nice items and it works out since they don't have any quality outlet in this little town.

Sponsored Links