Friday sales.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Hit 3 estate sales and a garage sale today. At one estate sale, I was able to pick up 125 grams of Sterling for $65. Also found a toner cartridge for a Printer, a PSP holder, and a set of 6 3d tv glasses. Paid $15 for all of it. So far I've already sold the Toner cartridge for $50, so that's good. Anyhow, I like when I am able to take off sick and run some sales on a Friday. I seem to do better on Friday than I do at other times.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, see my link on the Mexican Broach. It is pretty cool... Should bring a penny or two. The rest were silverware. Fork and a couple of spoons.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Went back to that first sale and picked up 27 unopened blue ray disks for $150. These are all 2013 issues with scratched out upc codes. That means industry promos. I get home and start to list and find out that Amazon has blocked ALL did and blu ray from new listings. Listed them all on ebay. I've already sold 4 for $70. Guess it will be okay.

Best find of the week. 2 pool alarms. One new, one used. Paid $2 for the pair. They list new at $475 each! I didn't check them before I bought them.

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Went back to that first sale and picked up 27 unopened blue ray disks for $150. These are all 2013 issues with scratched out upc codes. That means industry promos. I get home and start to list and find out that Amazon has blocked ALL did and blu ray from new listings. Listed them all on ebay. I've already sold 4 for $70. Guess it will be okay.

Best find of the week. 2 pool alarms. One new, one used. Paid $2 for the pair. They list new at $475 each! I didn't check them before I bought them.

What do you mean "amazon blocked all did"?

What are pool alarms?

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you mean "amazon blocked all did"?

What are pool alarms?

Not DID, DVD. You can not sell DVD or Blu Ray disks now.

Pool alarms warn pool owners if someone enters the pool without permission. They are required by law in California (to prevent drownings).

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Not DID, DVD. You can not sell DVD or Blu Ray disks now.

Pool alarms warn pool owners if someone enters the pool without permission. They are required by law in California (to prevent drownings).

So whats up with amazon and dvd/blu ray sales? Was there an explanation given for the restriction?

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
So whats up with amazon and dvd/blu ray sales? Was there an explanation given for the restriction?

Just that some customers have been having "problems" with DVD and Blu Rays. They also explain that customer service representatives will not be able to provide ANY more information.

Kind of a pisser since I paid $150 for a bunch of discs and came home to find out I could not use my usual method of sales for such things.

It would have been nice to know that BEFORE I put out the money...

So far I've sold 5 discs for $90.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread