I believe these pieces are WW2 Germany Military Items Thoughts!

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    559.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    399.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    549.2 KB · Views: 123

-Taz-

Mar 28, 2013
Island on the west coast
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool indeed! :D

The badge;
WWII GERMAN BADGE - GROUND ASSAULT -

This is a WWII German ground assault badge. It was issued to Luftwaffe personnel in recognition of combat action in the front lines on the ground, as opposed to action in the air like pilots and aircraft crewmen.

The criteria for earning the award consisted of being engaged in combat for a minimum of 3 days. Actions could include defending an air base, launching assaults on enemy positions, etc.

The badge was authorized on March 31st 1942. It was presented in a box. A document was given with the award.

WWII GERMAN BADGES AND MEDALS PRICE GUIDE - MilitaryItems.com

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I think that the belt is German Luftwaffe, which is, as you know, the German air force.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
If you plan on reselling them on ebay, keep this in mind. They won't allow you to sell anything with a swastika on it (except a book, I think). I found a very valuable medal and had it listed, but some small swastikas on it brought me a reprimand from ebay. Mind you, this medal had been awarded to Charles Lindberg and Henry Ford, but you know the delicate sensibilities of ebay. I saw one way of getting past that though; a guy posted a medal for sale but turned it over. No swastikas showed, but the medal collectors knew what it was.

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the id on these. I know ebay won't allow it which sucks from the standpoint that there are tons of collectors out there looking for this type of thing.

-Taz-

Mar 28, 2013
Island on the west coast
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put it out there, just put a black square over the swastika (or is it that the product it self has a svastika on it and they won´t allow it?) and explain why. As OldSow said, the people that want them knows what they are. And if someone wants to look at the whole email them a picture that is not censored.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've seen people put their finger or thumb over a swastika and take pictures of it for ebay.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
If you plan on reselling them on ebay, keep this in mind. They won't allow you to sell anything with a swastika on it (except a book, I think). I found a very valuable medal and had it listed, but some small swastikas on it brought me a reprimand from ebay. Mind you, this medal had been awarded to Charles Lindberg and Henry Ford, but you know the delicate sensibilities of ebay. I saw one way of getting past that though; a guy posted a medal for sale but turned it over. No swastikas showed, but the medal collectors knew what it was.

Not trying to argue with you, but I have lately seen coins with swastikas on them in groups with other WW2 era U.S. coins. I too didn't realize eBay was allowing this till just the past week when I started looking for gold with the price down so much. It could have been going on for months and I just didn't see it till recently as I hadn't bought anything on eBay since April.

T.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not trying to argue with you, but I have lately seen coins with swastikas on them in groups with other WW2 era U.S. coins. I too didn't realize eBay was allowing this till just the past week when I started looking for gold with the price down so much. It could have been going on for months and I just didn't see it till recently as I hadn't bought anything on eBay since April.

T.
Coins are allowed

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely awesome pieces. Great for any WWII collector.

As for the Ebay thing, I dont think it is allowed. Here is a link:
Offensive material policy
.... I never knew it was not allowed ..... The way things are now a days there is always something Offensive to some one........ If ebay would go by that half there items would be gone not allowed on ebay......

AndyE89

Nov 19, 2013
Cresco, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a shame. due to the 1% that complain about the Nazi memorabilia as being offensive, when in reality it is a historical piece. The market on Ebay for WWII collectibles is very strong, yet the rare Nazi pieces cannot be listed. It definitely hurts the market for these by never having hit Ebay.

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the swastika symbol is way, way older than the 3rd Reich. It was found 10.000 years before christ in different cultures. A symbol has nothing to do with a man's mind or attitude. Some pieces are just great collector's items like the ones you have there. There should not be so much hype around a symbol we should all just try to treat each other the way we want to be treated by others and that would solve the world's biggest problems IMHO.

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins and books OK ANYTHING else will get you a threat of ban at the very least. I listed some german militeria and had my eBay account shut down until I called them. They said if I listed anything else my account would be shut down permanently . The Luftwaffe buckle if real is worth about 175 Research the badge. If real in the same range or more. You would need to take pictures of the entire backs with there manufacture marks. There are tons of good looking fakes. You can research the makers marks If they are not there more than likely fake

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins and books OK ANYTHING else will get you a threat of ban at the very least. I listed some german militeria and had my eBay account shut down until I called them. They said if I listed anything else my account would be shut down permanently . The Luftwaffe buckle if real is worth about 175 Research the badge. If real in the same range or more. You would need to take pictures of the entire backs with there manufacture marks. There are tons of good looking fakes. You can research the makers marks If they are not there more than likely fake
This is an old thread. I purchased these items along with a few others from the OP back then. I posted them on the WAF forum before purchasing for authentication. I actually have them listed here on the classified section. The Luft GAB is worth a little more because of the maker, my price of $225 is actually a little on the low side. The buckle and tab not worth so much, I have it listed for $75, pretty common. Here is the listing...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/m...third-reich-collection-medals-awards-etc.html

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread