Lately this is the kind of yardsale ad I see.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
copied from a craigslist ad 1-3-14 I have also attached two of his pics. sounds like he wants to interview any prospective customers before he gives the address.
==========================
PRIVATE GARAGE SALE FOR VOLUME BUYERS ONLY! SHOWN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!

The sale will be going on in my backyard for the next 10 days [with or without].

There is enough varied items here to open one entire thrift store.

I have over 200 bins/ 10 gallon buckets of items including PVC fixtures, metal parts for patio construction, metal patio furniture, sports collectibles, exercise equipment, kitchen/ office/ home items.

If you have a need for merchandise, "opportunity is knocking, open the door; and its for you".

Once upon a time, I actually thought I needed all this stuff; and I just could not live without it! Boy...... was I wrong........

Here is an opportunity for someone to "cherry pick" my items.

I have over 200 bins/ 10 gallon buckets of these items. Predictably I would be interested in selling all to the same buyer; but will allow individuals to "cherry pick" each item.

I am realistic in regard to the price that I need to offer these items to you, and I am certainly not opposed in others getting a good deal and securing a profit. You will get to offer a price for the item, based solely on what you could ultimately sell the item for. These items are not emotionally priced by me. All the items will eventually need to go.

These items are available for viewing and purchase on appointment basis only; and a minimum dollar amount purchase is required.

I do not have antiques or items of unknown extreme value [no treasures here]. I am a dad, attempting to down size and I can not attempt to sell each item on Craigslist separately. Nobody can ever live that long.

Because of the volume of items available, I also realize that my stuff is not for the casual person who goes to garage sales on Saturdays. Unless you the buyer can deal in volume, I can not exposed myself to the labors of staging this merchandise for your review. It would not work. I will use my discretion, on who I ultimately will set appointments with.

Thanks for looking at my ad. Call me Craig, at 00000000

Attachments

• BUCKETS-1.jpg
    BUCKETS-1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 102
  • BUCKETS-2.jpg
    BUCKETS-2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 98

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately the CL ads around here for garage sales are flooded with single item ads and the regular dumb azzes that list the same stuff over and over and over for months on end with the same photos and/or description, no addresses or dates/times of sale just phone numbers. Idiots.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I have to ask the dumb questions.... do you actually get to look in the bins, or is this garage sales storage war style for any idiot that wants to buy junk blind? If you actually get to look in the bins what the heck is the point of them? Is this how some people just store their stuff? I've never seen it before.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like he just has an abundance of pure junk. If he had things that would be of interest, you would think he would have at least taken pictures with the lids open and some of the better stuff laying on top.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, pictures of plastic tubs are SO appealing.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ask how much for half the row on the left and the front third of the middle buckets? the strange thing is that clearly took awhile to post.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably fill from the new swimming pool he just put in!

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the guy buys storage units and this is how he will try to move his merchandise. also in response to diggumm's reply to single item listings in the garage sale site on craigslist, we have the same problem here! Good luck!........Scott.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are lucky we do not even have garage sales up north here now .. It is to be 3 to 14 below zero up here on Lake Erie next week..

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
here in Central florida there is a whole new wave of Foreclosures coming, I see it and work it daily and I see a lot of the ones who are now 2-3 months behind for the first time are holding a lot of these sales. I don't have the heart to tell them it hardly ever works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread