Sales update and question ?????

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I just sold the Lobo doll for a big profit to a local retro toy store. I deal with small –medium size things like pottery, glass, toys some industrial /arch salvage and smaller furniture such as chairs end tables and lamps. My question is what do all of you focus on, big ticket items, smalls, like said Lobo doll or both ? Am I missing out by not going for the bigger high price items ? Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated HH Ace Villa-v

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion, it all comes down to what you are looking to invest and how quickly you are needing to flip it. If you are going after high priced items to flip then you need to keep in mind that it is going to lock up a lot of your funds until you flip it. If you have the funds and know you can flip it for a nice profit, even if its a slow mover, more power to ya. Personally I don't have much funds at the moment so I buy mainly smalls. If I screw up and spend too much on a few smalls or can't move them quickly, it won't be a set back. It really all comes to how much you want/have to invest.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the Lobo was worth the most out of that lot you posted last week? :thumbsup:

I agree with what insontis has said. It all depends on how much money you are willing or can afford to "tie up" on items for resell. I will say that some of my best (most profitable) finds cost me $10 or less. Many times I've found $1 items that i've sold for $100 or more. But I have spent a few hundred dollars on a single item to make $100 off of it too.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest thing I will ship normally will be one that will fit inside of a small box at Home Depot. One because I hate if I have to buy a box but I suppose if there was enough profit on it I would. So I tend to stick to stereo receiver size and down on everything. I did ship some machine to California that was 50 pounds. And then some lamps that were superheavy and ended up breaking in the way there that was a waste. I do prefer small stuff but I'm starting to go larger now that I can ship it FedEx and there's one right by my house I can drop it off. They just opened 3 months ago.

OP
OP
acevillav

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Yep, yep you were spot on Dig ! Thanks for the great feedback. Teach so I may learn.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My policy! if I buy big I have to ship big. I hate shipping big.

My exception is bulk cellphones. 500 phones will be two 45lb boxes. But then i pack them in the back of my HHR and only have to carry them 10 feet to the back shipping door where i work for pickup. The buyer sends me FED-X labels so very little extra work.

The biggest this I ever shipped was 3 persion rugs to one lady. Never again anything heavy. Took me probably two hours to build a custom box for all 3 rolled up together. Made good money on those especially since they were free. (lady hoarder died and son just wanted to clear out the stinking house. My first real hoarder pick. almost everything was free)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread