vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I have considered it but I can't get past the fact that they gathered the value off the internet and want to charge for it. Yea, I am sure it is worth it but I find just about everything on EBay and other Google search results.

Anyway - here are a few discussions on its value...

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Based on that logic, Tnet should be $20 per month. Same info available here if you are willing to look.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I can't justify the expense because most of the items I buy to resell are easily researched. However, there are a few items that are valuable that don't come on the market often enough to show up on a regular google/ebay/whatever search. The value of worthpoint is that they archive older auctions that aren't readily available.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think a subscription is worth it unless you deal in huge volumes of fairly obscure antiques/art. I have used them a couple of times, since 99% of what Worthpoint gives you that Google can't is old auction values that don't reflect current market conditions, I don't think they add any value that common sense can't. Showing strong WorthPoint auction results might sway a few buyers who are on the fence in face to face situations. I see a lot of booths at the antique market with WP results taped onto their tough to sell items.

My general rule is: if I'm unsure on an item and it's so obscure it can only be looked up on WP, I will pass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread