Post your $1 (or less) Finds Here w/ Sold For Prices

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had another great one! Got this engineer hat for pocket change (a quarter or less) at a goodwill outlet, put it up as an auction hoping for the best. Just sold for $100 even plus shipping to japan!

ebay5119.jpg

75matador315

Jul 28, 2016
victory,ny
Detector(s) used
whites coin master pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought a pair of 1800's blackfoot indian moccasins for $1 at a moving sale sole them for $420. best score for me ever. other than the 2 sword i also bought there for $10 and i sold one of them for $212 20160610_064924.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a chance on this jacket at $.50. From the thrift store on the way to Orlando a couple months ago. 30 Dollar shipped is not bad my book!

Those shoes are awesome. Nice find there!!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472575121.593313.jpg

75matador315

Jul 28, 2016
victory,ny
Detector(s) used
whites coin master pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks a bunch beachkid23 i didnt own them for very long as i have plenty of other things i collect. even though they were really cool to have. i did receive a picture back from the person that bought them he showed me them all cleaned up and displayed in his case.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put this on another post two days ago.

Gateway MS2274 Laptop computer paid $1 (I am dollardan)
No hard drive, seller didn't want any info to get out, so I told him to smash hard drive with hammer.

put on ebay 8-31-16 at 7:53 for $75.00
got offer at of $34 about 6 hours later. I countered with $60
a few min later got a counter of $42 I accepted and shipped this morning.

seller still had to pay $27.43 shipping.

gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up this box of 10 vintage Maxell UDS-II 90 Minute Blank Cassette Tapes, all sealed in the box for $1.00 total at a privately run estate sale, and I listed it for $99.95 BIN on the Bay, with free shipping. I had multiple watchers in a matter of hours, and it sold within a couple of days. Resources such as this forum and even Youtube have been invaluable in my success at flipping finds for profit. In this instance, I remembered viewing an online video listing often overlooked items to seek out at estate sales, and the video said that obsolete NOS blank media such as cassette tapes and even VHS tapes can bring quite a profit. Oddly enough, the host of the video said that most of the obsolete media he sells goes to Russia...well, mine went to New Hampshire...but to a Russian buyer. Just what are those Eastern Bloc fellas up to? :)
View attachment 1065941

In Russia, audio cassettes long time were the unique means to listen music. Around the world in the 80th CD were already used, and Russia listened to music on cassetes to `00. Therefore it isn't surprising that the collecting of cartridges in Russia has such popularity

Last edited:

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess we're coming up on rummage sale season, there were several today but I took a chance by going to one slightly out of town rather than hit several that were somewhat close together. Bought this pair of screw back earrings (8.8 grams of 18k) for a quarter, sold them to one of the guys at my LCS this afternoon at melt because I needed the cash. ~$240 is not a bad return on a twenty five cent investment IMO. 20160910_123111~2.jpg
20160910_124327~2~2.jpg

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I've officially been to a yard sale for like a month. It's just so slow around here this time of year. I have been to a couple but it doesn't seem like it, they are so far and few in between. However I did stop at one Saturday and bought a whole bunch of Pokémon cards for my son for $1. There was a mixture of stuff inside of the box. different playing cards and items. One was a GameCube game. It's sold as soon as it listed, I just push the button I grabbed another item to list and it said sold. I love it!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1474475293.865425.jpg

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I've officially been to a yard sale for like a month. It's just so slow around here this time of year. I have been to a couple but it doesn't seem like it, they are so far and few in between.
I'm with you. It has been very slow over here. I know it's slow around labor day with kids going back to school and all that but, I don't recall it being quite this dead in years past as far as yard sales go. I've been pretty busy myself, so at least I haven't actually missed any good sales lately, I don't think. I did find a Pandora sterling bracelet with several charms on it a few weeks ago along with a few other jewelry items for real cheap.

Good score on the Game cube game!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. Last weekend we had a local neighborhood sale. 27th annual edition. Of the 1200 homes, probably 100 sales. It was a busy day!

I have my annual garage sale on Black Friday and Saturday. Last year I sold about $1600 of stuff.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a couple good ones,

Sleeve of deadstock plastic Coors cups, bought for .50, sold for $25 + shipping. People will buy anything!

ebay4192.jpg

My usual expensive hats, bought for .99, sold for $75 plus international shipping

Etsy5282.jpg

KangaWoo

Jun 6, 2016
Aus
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this $1 coin in my change. It has a cud (two actually) on the top roo's ear, these coins are known as the "bunny ear" error.

It cost me a $1:) and sold for $8 plus shipping. probably one of my lowest sales, but not bad for what I felt was only really worth the $1 that it was.

s-l160yh0.jpg s-lh500.jpg

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought this portable backup harddrive for 50¢ three days ago at a YS. listed it yesterday for $35 + ship at 8:19AM it sold at noon. (I thought it would sit a month.) It is only a 250GB drive. There is a 3TB right now for $69.99

Mine is a brand new in a box & never used. I was lazy on this one. When doing research I found it at a computer supply store and they were out of stock but had good factory photos so I "borrowed" the pics. (of course they were out of stock. I think this HD was made in 2004 they now make 1&2TB)

Attachments

• buffo-1.jpg
    buffo-1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 200
  • buffo-2.jpg
    buffo-2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 191

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked these up among many other awesome finds this weekend for 40 cents. They are sterling Kenilworth Watrous candlestick holders. Got them up on ebay to see what I can get out of them. Will list my other (even better finds on other forums as most were just over $1). They weigh in at 21.4 oz

20161010_192146.jpg 20161010_192157.jpg

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked these up among many other awesome finds this weekend for 40 cents. They are sterling Kenilworth Watrous candlestick holders. Got them up on ebay to see what I can get out of them. Will list my other (even better finds on other forums as most were just over $1). They weigh in at 21.4 oz

View attachment 1368682 View attachment 1368683

They look weighted, but still... I've seen in other threads that you can count on 10% of the weighted weight to be Silver. If so, that's a cool 2 oz.

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They look weighted, but still... I've seen in other threads that you can count on 10% of the weighted weight to be Silver. If so, that's a cool 2 oz.

This is correct. The yield once cleaned on these holders is normally anout 10% of total weight. At least thats what i would factor it at if i were considering buying them. BTW the quickest way to sell them is advertise them as weighted scrap sterling and price accordingly

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in a recycle bin, I love selling empty boxes! $25 plus shipping, nothing crazy but not bad for free. Look at the price on those shoes though...

ebay7098.JPG ebay7094.JPG

Got this in a box of a bunch of belt buckles, keychains, patches, etc for $9 (individually less than a dollar per item), sold for $70 plus shipping.

ebay7106.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread