Post your $1 (or less) Finds Here w/ Sold For Prices

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Been a while since posting ... finally had something to post about! My wife went to a rummage sale and remembered me telling her to buy any cheap priced war board games (especially Avalon Hill). She found 4 of them for $1 each including this gem, On To Richmond. Paid $1, sold for $165. New or with unpunched pieces, it goes for over $300.

IMG_6962.JPG

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been a while since posting ... finally had something to post about! My wife went to a rummage sale and remembered me telling her to buy any cheap priced war board games (especially Avalon Hill). She found 4 of them for $1 each including this gem, On To Richmond. Paid $1, sold for $165. New or with unpunched pieces, it goes for over $300.

View attachment 1561447
Nice. I bought a board game last week. It won't sell for anything like yours did but the pieces are still sealed so it's never been played with.That and the fact it was only a dollar made me buy it. It's called BY JOVE by Aristocrat and is based on the stories from Greek mythology. This isn't mine but the box looks like this...

pic265025.jpg

I'm gonna BIN it for 29.99 w/ free shipping.

Also, here is a good site for Board Games... https://boardgamegeek.com/

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woo-Hoo!
Finally can post an actual $1.00 find here.
I've had stuff bought for under $10.00 that I sold for a decent price, but never an actual $1.00.
Bought 5 guitar picks at a garage sale .
Two Fender, one 7M3, (Seven Mary Three, 1990's band), and two Paul Stanley/KISS guitar picks.
Turned out to be from their second tour.
$425.00 for the pair.
Saving up for the MineLab Equinox, nothing like paying for half a detector with a couple of pieces of celluloid!
Carl #1.jpg #2.jpg

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold this little .50 vase in less than 4 hours to someone in the UK for 79.99. Guess I should have tried for 99.99 instead. Made by T G Green & Co. Ltd.

IMG_3032 (697x1280).jpg IMG_3019 (1280x1080).jpg

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Made a few $1 item sales recently, one of which has to be the best sale I ever made (in MANY years of selling). It was a very rare and obscure Civil War regimental sutler's token... paid <$1 from a junk bin--and sold for $242! I had no idea what it was and was about to get rid of it for a few bucks when I decided to do a bit more research. It sure paid off. Also got an Old West hotel token from the same junk bin (<$1) that sold for $45.

Attachments

• 65.jpg
    65.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 157

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made a few $1 item sales recently, one of which has to be the best sale I ever made (in MANY years of selling). It was a very rare and obscure Civil War regimental sutler's token... paid <$1 from a junk bin--and sold for $242! I had no idea what it was and was about to get rid of it for a few bucks when I decided to do a bit more research. It sure paid off. Also got an Old West hotel token from the same junk bin (<$1) that sold for $45.

That Civil War token is killer!

Indigo Knight

Aug 10, 2017
Southern New England, USA
Primary Interest:
Other
You people are making out well with the smalls. I've added guitar picks and obscure tokens to my shopping list.

From the past couple of weeks:

tarot deck: free with auction lot, sold for $45 (eBay)
vintage medical book: included with a lot of books. Paid $1 for the whole lot, sold this one for $25 (eBay)
pair of brass bookends: bought for $1, sold for $35 (consignment shop, I get 50%)
book on Japanese embroidery: free with lot of books, sold for $58 (Amazon)
vintage copper baseboard radiators: found on side of road, sold for $60 (scrap)

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20180323-202013.png Screenshot_20180323-202049.png Screenshot_20180323-202116.png
Screenshot_20180323-202123.png Screenshot_20180323-202133.png

Some $1 or less finds that sold in the last couple weeks.

And I cant tell you how much i love tupperware. the ultimate $1 or less all the time item

Last edited:

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I haven't quite sold this yet but I'm very sure of the value and I can't remember the last time I got anything near this good for a buck: last weekend I picked up a wildly rare retired James Avery figural raccoon ring at a tiny dark church basement rummage sale (obvs for $1 lol). I can find two examples currently for sale online, one @ $360 and one @ $400, and should easily be able to sell it locally for 300. Quite the soulful little dude imo.
20180322_075827-01.jpeg 20180322_080504-01.jpeg 20180322_080017-01.jpeg

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20180324-140618.png

Heres two more. bought the razor today for 25 cents, bought the microcasette recorder for $1 at anoyher garage sale nearby. Both sold within 30-45 minutes after listing them. Going to be listing all weekend, was a good sqle day

Last edited:

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
So I haven't quite sold this yet but I'm very sure of the value and I can't remember the last time I got anything near this good for a buck: last weekend I picked up a wildly rare retired James Avery figural raccoon ring at a tiny dark church basement rummage sale (obvs for $1 lol). I can find two examples currently for sale online, one @ $360 and one @ $400, and should easily be able to sell it locally for 300. Quite the soulful little dude imo.
View attachment 1568317 View attachment 1568319 View attachment 1568321
I believe I would hafta keep that one. I know this is a bought and sold thread but sometimes I wish some of the things I've found I would have never sold. Regret I guess ya call it. Too many cool things I've found in the wild that I'll never have again and never find again. I took the money and will never see it again. I guess what I'm saying is it cost a buck so you didn't break the bank on it and it's supercool. Great Find!

Last edited:

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me I am extremely well acquainted with that line of thinking as I ended up doing this full time during a period in my life where bad decisions that I had made (including one giant one that wasted years of my time and was more than happy to compound our issues with bad decisions of his own lol) required me to part with many things that I would much rather have kept. It has been a while since that's happened though, I have been working hard for the last 1.5 years to better my situation.

Having just recently decided to relocate to a remote island paradise featuring no thrift/antiqueing options and requiring a massive purge of non-essentials between now & October makes me feel a bit better about it honestly. And fwiw, a couple of things lol: 1. I am just not in love with this piece, I have flipped some JA that I will probably never find again and would love to have kept but this just isn't one of those for me and 2. I do allow myself to pine after one particular item that I shouldn't have sold because it went to someone who lives in my town and there's a chance I could see them wearing it, lose my mind completely and then get them to sell it back. It could happen right....;)

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, I hit a garage sale that was UNBELIEVABLE. It was in an out of the way corner of Burbank Glendale. Rather hard to get to. My friends and I got there about an hour after the start of the sale and the guy said, "You guys are the first ones here... Weird... Anyhow, Anything you want is $1." I look.

I said, "This 40 inch flat panel LCD Sharp Television? $1?"

He said, "Yep. It has the remote too."

I said, "Sold, how about this Toro Electric Leaf Blower"

he said, "$1."

I said, "Sold, I'll take these 'Gold's Gym dial weights with stand for $1 and these 2 Husky Air Hoses, 100 foot brand new for $1"

Guy says, "Great. Anything else?"

My friend says, "I'll take this new ikea Computer desk and chair for $1"

Guy says, "Good, they're yours. Oh yeah, I've got a Samsung sound tower for that TV, you can have it."

We came close to cleaning him out. I wish I had my minivan with me. He had a nice cubby hole book shelf for $1 and a nice leather recliner for $1. As it was, My son is going to college with a nice TV, and I have a really nice leaf blower and weight set to sell on Craigslist. AMAZING...

Turns out, he wants to move, has to get rid of stuff, and doesn't want to have to haul it to the Goodwill, so if you want it, he'd start at a dollar, and if you negotiated, he'd go down from there...

View attachment 1570778 leaf.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you. Obviously that guy wasn't playing with a full deck or he has enough money to not give a crap. I mean I give stuff away for $1 too at my sales, but you ain't getting stuff like that for $1.

I paid $5 for the identical leaf blower a few years ago, lol.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Good for you. Obviously that guy wasn't playing with a full deck or he has enough money to not give a crap. I mean I give stuff away for $1 too at my sales, but you ain't getting stuff like that for $1.

I paid $5 for the identical leaf blower a few years ago, lol.

Apparently, you were robbed. And all these years I had you pegged as one of the best pickers here on TreasureNet, I hung on your every word. I can't even look at your right now. My confidence in you is shattered, Dig. :tongue3:

T.

Last edited:
OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently, you were robbed. And all these years I had you pegged as one of the best pickers here on TreasureNet, I hung on your every word. I can't even look at your right now. My confidence in you is shattered, Dig. :tongue3:

T.
Well, it was brand new in the box at the time. :laughing7:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, You meet all sorts of interesting people doing this in the Greater Los Angeles Area. Met a woman named "Moon Unit" (yeah, her). Met a guy who played a Doctor on TV (BJ Honeycutt, if you watched MASH). Had a guy sell me a display box filled with Gold Dollar coins for $20... Same game, different players.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread