diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bread and butter type stuff. By that I mean nothing that's gonna make me rich but it will all sell for a good profit. I like the Art Deco Coffee set the best. I paid $10 for it, hope to sell it for at least $50 after I clean it up. The little pot $2, is a Wade Irish Porcelain Kettle, "Leprechaun's Pot of Gold". Worth maybe $20 or so. The thing to the right of it is a snuff bottle $1, maybe worth another $20 if i'm lucky. There are 3 MOP caviar spoons .50 each, another $$15-$20. The gold pen is a Gold filled Parker. I have a bag full of those i'm saving. The Schrade Old Timer pocketknife I had to buy just because (it's a man thing) $3.The lion is signed "R & BS Co." on the bottom but I doubt it's worth even $5, don't even know why I bought it.

The second photo shows 4 Swatch watches, I got $20 wrapped up in those, should sell for well over $100 if I sell them separately. The silver tray on the bottom right is marked International sterling, weighs 10 oz's., paid $10. This was actually the best moneymaker but I'm not ready to unload my silver yet. The silver colored thing above it is an Arthur Court Aluminum Card box with a jungle scene on it. Maybe $40-$50 for it, paid $5. The black Americana salt & pepper shakers were a big $2, good for $30 maybe. The Gladiator helmet $1 was an impulse buy because I thought it was cool, lol. I guess it's just a decorative piece. Also pictured is a .50 Kenneth J. Lang made for "Avon" Crown brooch $15-$20 and last is a sterling belt buckle made by Swank. I didn't even know they made sterling. I so used to seeing their cheapo cufflinks and tie clips everywhere. Anyway this a portion of what I bought this weekend so far. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I know I would have bought the knife also,just because it's a Schrade pocket knife, I alway's like the PM's also.Good luck!......Scott.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds! Swatches in the original packages is an awesome score, these finds are an excellent "portion" to start with.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like the coffee set as well! I also didn't realize that Swank make sterling stuff...Will have to look closer from now on. Nice scores!

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Diggs, cool finds. I am going to show my ignorance by asking a stupid question now. Is the tray marked "International Sterling"? At first I was confused because I know I have passed on trays marked International Silver, because I believe that really is just plate. Now I am all confused, please update me, International Silver isn't, right? Now I need to double check for International Sterling, because that is? Please, help a boy out here. LOL

T

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggs, cool finds. I am going to show my ignorance by asking a stupid question now. Is the tray marked "International Sterling"? At first I was confused because I know I have passed on trays marked International Silver, because I believe that really is just plate. Now I am all confused, please update me, International Silver isn't, right? Now I need to double check for International Sterling, because that is? Please, help a boy out here. LOL

T
Yes, it is marked International Sterling. 95 out of 100 pieces of International silver that I see are just plated. The International Silver company is like a conglomerate of independent companies that merged to form a large one. They made plated stuff and sterling too. If it's marked sterling then your okay. If it's marked International silver without a sterling mark then it's plated. Like I said, in my experience the vast majority of the stuff I have personally seen is plated. Here is the mark on my tray-

DSC07536.jpg

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Thanks, Diggs, I just needed clarification. Didn't want to leave $ behind cuz I was too afraid to ask the stupid question. I appreciate the help.

T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions