Discover Swaging: A Guide to Custom Bullet Design and Performance Hardcover by David

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Discover Swaging: A Guide to Custom Bullet Design and Performance Hardcover SOLD

Found this book in the "Free" bin at last weeks rummage sale.
Discover Swaging: A Guide to Custom Bullet Design and Performance Hardcover by David R Corbin. Need some advice on what price point I should list it at. Here is my research. Prices vary widely. My copy is used, Dust jacket has a few crinkles and one small rip, but book itself is good to excellent condition.
...Abebooks.com $360 NEW-Discover Swaging by David R. Corbin: 9780811704977 Hardcover - Ship_Worldwide
Amazon- $72-$262 used
Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Discover Swaging: A Guide to Custom Bullet Design and Performance
Ebay-used $46 sold May 1st
Discover Swaging by David R Corbin 1979 Hardcover 0811704971 | eBay
Ebay $78 sold March 10th
Discover Swaging by David R Corbin 1979 Hardcover 0811704971 | eBay

Last edited:

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Nice pick!

It depends on how fast you want to sell it. I would think, from your research, it looks like $75 on the low end to around $200 on the high end.

Good luck!

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
It really depends. Some buyers for some classes of books - it is clear they shop amazon and ebay only. Other sorts of books, they are ebay only. I would list it higher than amazon, and add lots of pictures and description.

Reloading and gun related books seem to sell though it can take time.

OP
OP
tech125

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking of listing it at $158.49 BIN or best offer with free priority shipping. I would probably reject any offer below $100, carefully consider $100-$125, and sell it $125-150 range. I don't mind waiting for the right buyer but don't want it to sit around for over 6 months.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yard_sale.gif
Nice buys Tech. Thanks for sharing...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Specific niche market book means fewer potential buyers willing to pay top price. If it was me and it was free, I wouldn't be greedy. I'd list it with a comparable price of what has already sold prior, unless you want it to sit around for 6 months. I'd try it first at $99.99. If it didn't sell after 2 months then i'd cut it down a good bit. I'm a fast nickel kind of guy though with most items.

FWIW- I don't think I would ever purchase a book off of Amazon. Their prices are ridiculously high and you can usually find the same book much cheaper on ebay. At least that's the way it's been for any book I ever purchased and/or looked for. I don't know why anyone would buy there myself, unless it was a "must have now" situation.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I was thinking of listing it at $158.49 BIN or best offer with free priority shipping. I would probably reject any offer below $100, carefully consider $100-$125, and sell it $125-150 range. I don't mind waiting for the right buyer but don't want it to sit around for over 6 months.

Disagree. 3 copies on Amazon under $100. If you want to wait to get top dollar you can try but often it is just a giant waste of time. The slow dime approach is often a very very slow dime (more like 9/10 of a dime).

OP
OP
tech125

tech125

May 11, 2010
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Received an email from a buyer today about the book Discover Swaging, he offered $50, and sent this comment."Just missed out on this book in an open bidding war... B Discover Swaging Reloading Rifle Ammo | eBay. Looked into my listing and it turns out he offered $50,$55, and then $60 which were all auto rejected as I had my lowest offer set at $69. Went into my listing and removed all restrictions and then offered $60 to the buyer including free Media mail shipping. Had to adjust the listing to $60 and he paid immediately. This sold in 90 days and was found in the free book bin at a church rummage sale. I'm very happy and learned a lesson in patience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread