I am a yardsale scrapper and I hit a bonanza

RustyRelicHunter

Oct 5, 2004
SC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I am in the upstate of SC. I also have some working laptops, monitors, cables, etc. The Relectrocycle website seems to indicate that they are under different ownership/management.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got some stuff I need to go through and try to sell too, I guess. The market fell so I quit doing escrap.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In what way do you go about finding enough of this e-scrap to make it worth your time outside of a big score like this? I hardly ever see and of it around anymore. We've got a big recycling center here in my country for this kind of stuff, but you ain't gonna get any money out of it taking it there.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In what way do you go about finding enough of this e-scrap to make it worth your time outside of a big score like this? I hardly ever see and of it around anymore. We've got a big recycling center here in my country for this kind of stuff, but you ain't gonna get any money out of it taking it there.

Before I retired I would go to 30-40 yardsales every saturday. I asked for coins, jewelry and cell phones/computers. Most of the time I would get 3 or 4 computers, sometimes more. But I had a guy that would get me 400-500 cells a month. He could not explain how he got them (no english, no green card) but I know they were not stolen because they were trashed. He probably dumpster dived behind cell phone stores.

A regular recycling center will not be interested in e-scrap. They want metal and plastic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread