tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I travel in my job and do have a bit of time to hit some antique stores and thrift shops along the way. Almost every sizable town these days has a thrift shop of some kind. I hit this little store and picked up all this for just under 20 bucks. A pair cloisonne enamel over silver earrings for $4.00, This running ladies Hamilton white 14k gold filled watch at $5.00 and the best was this beautiful blue lapis lazuli look Parker Sonnet pen made in France with case and 15 refills for $10.00. The nib is marked 18k .750 The nib alone could sell for $45. to $50 bucks. The other stuff is good to double my change on.

Attachments

• 20 bucks worth.jpg
    20 bucks worth.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I travel in my job and do have a bit of time to hit some antique stores and thrift shops along the way. Almost every sizable town these days has a thrift shop of some kind. I hit this little store and picked up all this for just under 20 bucks. A pair cloisonne enamel over silver earrings for $4.00, This running ladies Hamilton white 14k gold filled watch at $5.00 and the best was this beautiful blue lapis lazuli look Parker Sonnet pen made in France with case and 15 refills for $10.00. The nib is marked 18k .750 The nib alone could sell for $45. to $50 bucks. The other stuff is good to double my change on.

Do NOT sell just the nib! It's a crime. Fountain pen collectors will pay a premium for gold-nibbed pens, and that is a desirable model...if I was in the market for that model I'd pay far more than the mere gold value. PM me if you want further info about where to sell fountain pens, and oh, awesome find btw!

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya like Butter said that pen is worth way way more than scrap gold value! Don't even consider scrapping that thing!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm aware of the value of the pen as a whole. I'm a writing instrument inspector in every antique store, yard sales & thrift shops. They sell very well when the right ones come along. My last good score was a sterling Edward Todd pencil I nabbed for 3 bucks. I cleaned it up and got $150.00 out of it on ebay. I kept the photos because I miss it, but business is business. I was just making a justification about the nib alone being worth more then the 10 bucks I snookered this beauty for. Don't worry guys. It's in safe hands and dang near mint condition.

Attachments

• Edward Todd pencil uncleaned.jpg
    Edward Todd pencil uncleaned.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 67
  • edward todd pencil.jpg
    edward todd pencil.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 78
  • edward todd mark.jpg
    edward todd mark.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions