Found some depression glass at a garage sale, but need help identifying!!!

olaugh

Jun 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! I'm a new member, and I'm also new to the world of vintage depression glass. I've been to many thrift stores around my hometown of Richmond, VA, and today I was able to find a relatively large collection at a garage sale. I got some guidebooks at the local library, but I still have some pieces that I haven't been able to identify. Please help! Thanks. And, if you have any tips about collecting, buying, and selling depression glass, please let me know! :)

Attachments

• IMG_9088.jpeg
    IMG_9088.jpeg
    667.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1866.jpeg
    IMG_1866.jpeg
    783.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    648.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1230.JPG
    IMG_1230.JPG
    755.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1228.JPG
    IMG_1228.JPG
    598.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8148.jpeg
    IMG_8148.jpeg
    655.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7336.jpeg
    IMG_7336.jpeg
    628.4 KB · Views: 89

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no glass expert, but I'll put money down those are genuine period pieces and not re-pro's and that's a good thing. The pink I know has a strong collectors populous. The only one I'd take a stab at identifying would be the pink stem with the fancy etching as being made by Heisey Glass and that's just my best guess, but for the other I'd need to look and compare patterns and designs and that would be all I could do. I'm sure others here will know what you have from the get go. Diggum will most likely know and make the call. I think he's somewhat versed in collector glass.

Last edited:

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything pink you have is of a paneled design, The design cut into the vase was most likely done by an outside decorating company. The last 2 pix of the pink goblet should be somewhat easy to figure out as it is both paneled & ribbed. I'd actually say the green piece might more so be Heisey than the pink stuff that might actually be Cambridge or Tiffin or something similar. I agree with tamrock all looks like legit elegant glass era or depression glass which ever you prefer.

Last edited:

apmd

Tenderfoot
Apr 20, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia.
Hi olaugh.
The green piece may or may not be uranium glass. Uranium oxide was used to get the light green/yellow colour. I have a small UV LED on a key-ring which I use to test any green or yellow glass I come across. The UV produces a lovely green or yellow glow within the glass. Sometimes there is no response, therefore it isn't uranium glass. Your green piece appears to be uranium glass (similar to some I have), but the UV test is the clincher.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread