todays finds

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found a steam whistle looking thing and a wrench that has 1893 on it.hopeing the wrench is for an old rifle and pretty sure the whistle is for a train all for 4 bucks.anyone know anything about them thanks ebay 7 001.JPG ebay 7 002.JPG

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good for $4

Caboose Whistle

Wrench
1893-wrench
"product of Dille & McGuire, of Richmond, Indiana, and was intended as a maintenance tool for the lawnmowers the company made in the 1910s. Apparently, the "1893" was just a model number. "

http://www.wrenchingnews.com/sell-page/sell.html
"Dille & McGuire 1893 Wrench - Richmond, Indiana
Dille & McGuire 1893 Wrench Image
Markings side one: "1893".
Markings side two: No markings.".
Length: 4 inches.
Reference: Hardware Jobbers Catalogs. Not in Rathbone.
Condition: Excellent.
Price: $12.50 (ref: MC/3-5)
This little wrench has been misidentified for years. The 1893 has been interpreted as the date or as a rifle model (one was on Ebay a couple years ago with a fresh, fake Winchester stamping) but recently parts list discovered in hardware catalogs from the Townley Metal & Hardware Company of Kansas City, Missouri and the Shapleigh Hardware Company of St. Louis correctly identified it as being one of the tools for lawnmowers manufactured by Dille & McGuire of Richmond, Indiana."

Last edited:
OP
OP
jamey

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks mjlalt i was thinking a rifle wrench,oh well seems as i was not the only one.caboose whistle is cool though i found that but could not find the wrench thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread