Paid for my gas...

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Super slow day for GS this week. I mean SUPER SLOW. only about 25 sales withing 5 miles of my house (usually more like 50 to 75). Anyhow, I accidentally slept late, and didn't find ANYTHING worth buying at the first 20 sales. Tracking the sales on the way home, I go to 21, and they have a Boxed set of "The Judy Garland Show," dvd with book and so on. Nice looking set. Shows up on Amazon at $90 used!. They are asking $3, and I offer them a $2 bill (BTW, $2 bills are the BEST way to get a discount. They will go from $5 to $2 if you pay with a $2). I go to my car, list it up on Amazon from my phone for $70. I Figure, if it is a seller, I want it gone before the 2nd place seller sees it and lowers his price. Also, many people who try to drop you by a penny will back off when you drop them by $20.

By the time I got home, it was sold. That will fill up my tank 4 times (small tank). That was the ONLY Thing I bought all weekend. Darn 4th of July...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sales were extremely few and far between this past holiday weekend. I only went to 2 sales this past weekend, both estate sales and neither one on Saturday. Got a few good deals at both. Paid about 1/3 of retail/resell for my items. I can deal with that. Spent $100 between the two. I did drive 60 miles though.

PS- Nice tip on the $2 bill angle.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
dejapooh!

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that must be nice to have all those sales so close every week. If I drive about 30 miles covering my county, I could hit maybe 5-6 yard sales most Saturdays.

OP
OP
D

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I live North West of Los Angeles in Ventura County. Los Angeles has a lot of sales every week. A good neighborhood sale will have 20 in a few blocks.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I live North West of Los Angeles in Ventura County. Los Angeles has a lot of sales every week. A good neighborhood sale will have 20 in a few blocks.

Just curious ... do you find better stuff in better areas, or just all over?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread