Sterling Statue of Liberty Ring- Need ID help please

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Statue of Liberty ring with all rhinstones. One sold on ebay with 3 missing stones for $45. I did an image search and found one list on someones site for $215 with the following description:

Beautiful statue of liberty ring made of sterling silver. The ring is nicely detailed. There is a topaz colored rhinestone in the torch and red, clear and blue rhinestones on the sides of the ring. The back is marked "STERLING", "PATENT APPLIED FOR" and C AND R". This is a beautiful old ring and is in great vintage condition. Measures 1 1/4" tall. Size 4 1/2. This ring can be found in the book "Collectible Costume Jewelry, Identification & Values," by Cherri Simonds (1997 ed.) on page 217, listed for $400-$550. This is a wonderful old patriotic piece from WWII..

The Jewelled Jester - C and R Sterling Statue of Liberty Ring (Powered by CubeCart)

Who is "C and R"? Does anyone have this book? I bought it because it was signed and said patenet appied for, which to me means it is older than 1955 when the copyright came about. I am not sure if this is just really cool or a massive home run. All help appreciated. HH

Attachments

• CR 1.jpg
    CR 1.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 121
  • CR 2.jpg
    CR 2.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 136
OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The History and Marks of Coro Jewelry

I was not patient enough C and R stands for Cohn and Rosenberger which formed "Coro" in 1943. My interpretation is that this piece is very old, before 1943 maybe the 1920s? Thank for reading.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice old souvenir ring. Back in the days when souvenirs were American made with quality and pride. Something seldom seen these days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread