Nice estate sale gold, and adventures in garage saling

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. An estate sale was posted last week in my town that sounded really good. It was in a nice neighborhood and it had a lot of goodies advertised. It was being run by the main local estate sale company so I knew the prices would be high. There aren't many options for deals around here so I decided to go anyways. I got there late on the first day but there was still plenty of stuff. The sterling items were all tagged and priced too high so I had to pass on it. I did pick up a marked wishbone pendant for $3. It's marked 10kt and weighs 1.3g. I remembered seeing a pin with a similar design and thought it could be gold as well. I couldn't get back until three days later but the pin was still there. I got it for $3 (25% off). It's 3.5g and it has a weird 18k double stamp shown in the 2nd pic. Has anyone seen something like this before? It ls a nice and rare score for me!

image-1787738988.jpg

image-3912536614.jpg

So on Friday after work I stopped at a couple of sales before they closed. I pulled up to one house and realized I had been there before. They always have high prices on cheap Avon jewelry. I decided that I might as well have a look since I was already there. I went to the jewelry table and started looking at rings. I found three 14k rings and several sterling rings! I was super stoked as finding such nice rings. I gave them to the lady to pay and she stopped and said she had to check them out before she could sell them. She pulled out a loupe and started checking them! She pulled away all of the gold rings and said she couldn't sell them. WTH??? Why would she even put them in the sale if she didn't want to sell them? Anyways she tried to charge me way too much for the sterling rings so I just walked away. That address is now on my garage sale blacklist. I will never go there again.

Thanks for looking!

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the first score, but thats pretty crappy about the second one.

I was at an estate sale n i found some heavy napkin rings marked sterling, when i went to pay the lady asked me if they were sterling, i simply said thats what ill find out when i bring them home. She looked at them but they were pretty tarnished so her old eyes couldnt see it haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread