My worst experience at a TS

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I am looking at a Chinese lavender jade and 14k bracelet and the sales person at the jewelry counter wanted to know if I want to buy it and is holding his hand out for me to give it back to him because he is also working a register. I said, I am going to get it. Then my phone vibrates for an incoming text message. I hand it to him and say "Hold onto to it for me". After I finish reading the text I am looking for the worker. I don't see him but I do see another customer holding it. I told him I am buying it. He said, NO, I am waiting to pay for it!

I found the worker and said what happened I am buying it, why does he have it. He answered, he wanted to see it.

The worker told the other customer it was for me. And the other customer said, Its in my hand and I am getting it.

The worker went to get the store manager who I could see was about 4 feet away in his office. The manager just shrugged his shoulders and turned away.

The employee said "I am so sorry".

It wasn't worth creating a scene so I walked and believe me if I ever felt guilty about scoring at this store I will SAVOR IT FROM NOW ON.

It's not so much that I missed a good deal but the principle.

Thanks everyone for letting me rant.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what an idiot employee, why would he even show it to another customer once you told him you would take it. and then after you complained why would he still go through with the transaction with the other customer.

would you have made any money on the bracelet?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There should be a law about texting and shopping:dontknow:

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find gold, don't let it out of your hand. Pay for it right then.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the real world where we are accountable for our own bad decisions! Wasn't as much the workers fault as it was your fault for not being able to wait 5-10 mins to read a stupid text. If another customer saw the worker holding it & asked to see it I don't see why this worker would say no as he doesn't expect this person to not hand it back after he looks at it. You can't predict that happening & no one would think that would happen so the worker wasn't at fault nor was he in any wrong for showing it to someone who asked to simply look at it. Your text on the other hand did indeed directly cost ya that bracelet! Don't point at others for simply being nice & friendly to customers but instead point at the thing that created that situation to begin with which was you simply not waiting 5 mins to mess with your phone. Everyone likes to blame others for their own stupid actions or mistakes & in this case it was patience that cost ya not some TS worker.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Number one rule of picking... If you want it, pick it up, hold on to it, don't let go of it. Sorry.

OP
OP
Lost&Found

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would of waited to read the text but my sister in law is not doing well. We went to visit her yesterday. My nephew and his son flew in from Spain on Saturday. So I am a bit on edge expecting bad news.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at a gs this weekend holding a box of watches and going through them. Some guy came up and asked me to put the box down so he could look at them. o_0. "Uh, no. I'll put them down once I've decided if I want to buy any. If you want them, I'll be done in a few minutes."

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry that happened L&F...hope the sister n law will be okay.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would of waited to read the text but my sister in law is not doing well. We went to visit her yesterday. My nephew and his son flew in from Spain on Saturday. So I am a bit on edge expecting bad news.
I'm with you. I lost my sis in law a month ago. Only 62.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find gold, don't let it out of your hand. Pay for it right then.
You got that right! That is the first thing I taught my wife and kids, way too many times I've had people change their minds and so I end up losing the score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread