A good score in the tray of watches last night.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the best time to hit these thrift stores is the last 1/2 hour before they close, because they do start putting more stuff out as business is slow and they have a break from all the other functions involved with running those places. Mornings are good but it's a mad-house. I Found this Porsche Design watch for under $11.00 It's called the 911 speed II Chronograph. Taking the risk it wasn't some fake I took a chance. Got home and inspected the movement. It has the correct Swiss made Ronda 13 jewel quartz movement inside. I did think it needed a new bat., but noticed the little strap that holds the bat. down is gone. When I pushed the bat. down it ran. An ez fix. Found they are selling some new on ebay from the UK at $545.95 USD. but they do say it's a sport II not speed II as mine does... Good thing they've got those up as this will be selling for less. Condition on this watch is very good, outside of that missing strap, which my watch repair bud in Boulder for sure will have one to jerry-rig this watch. Super easy money maker this thing is. Porsche Design 911 Sports II Chronograph BNIB Celebrate 50 Years of The 911 | eBay

Attachments

• 911 watch 1.jpg
    911 watch 1.jpg
    662.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 911 watch 3.jpg
    911 watch 3.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 911 watch 2.jpg
    911 watch 2.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions