Its Authentic! (Chanel Chain Belt Update)

Bergheimhunter

May 8, 2014
Bergheim , TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Authentic! (Chanel Chain Belt Update)

Some of you read (and commented) on my recent post about the Chanel chain belt I purchased for a dollar at one of my local thrift stores. These belts, if authentic, sell on Ebay for $200-$400. I paid an online consignment company that specializes in Chanel items (Upscale Consignment, Couture Designer Consignment Shop | PYRAMODE) to study my photos and tell me if it is authentic. This morning I woke up to an email from them congratulating me for having an authentic Chanel chain belt! Now I can list it on Ebay as authentic and not worry about misrepresenting a fake. I understand that the company I hired to authenticate could be wrong, but I feel like I have done my due diligence and that I can to say I believe the items is real.

:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job. Good for you. Please share link to company if you can for the rest of us that need item authenticated. Had a LV suitcase I bought from estate sale sell for $450. I did all the due diligence I could researching it. Would have paid for someone else to do it. Paid $10 for the item.

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome! I recently picked up an old (maybe 70's) Hartmann Duffel Bag for $1.00 at the thrift store. Really durable, I picked it up for camping, rock-hounding etc.
I researched it when I got home and I found the same one for sale online for $125.00! I looked up the Hartmann Luggage company and quickly found out why.

Last edited:

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome find! Good work on authenticating the belt. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread