Fake Rolex

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
So I hit a yard sale in a nice neighborhood and well advertised. Got there kinda late around 9:30. Two elderly ladies running the show and I walk up to the jewelry table and start picking stuff up and I'm seeing 925 and Sterling marks. I found 5 pieces silver including a large Taxco pendant with jasper. Wound up at about 100 grams sterling for $11 and I'm thinking these ladies don't know what the have and was surprised it was still on the table. I pick up a little baggie that was well used and could not see thru. It had a couple watches in it and I took a peek inside. No price tag. I asked the lady how much? $2 I'll take it. I had it looked at and tested it myself. Not real. But it is a good looking watch. My question is: Any value here? I do not intend to try to dupe somebody and sell it as real. I will sell as a fake if that is even lawful. ??? Thanks for the help! HH All!

Attachments

• 100_7799.JPG
    100_7799.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 138
  • 100_7793.JPG
    100_7793.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 130

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Yes there is a healthy fake rolex market, just cant sell it through anyone reputable. I am not even sure you can sell it through craigslist. My buddy bought one at a flea market but I know some of those will run you out for selling knockoffs.

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most new fake Rolexes go for around $100-300, but I have seen high quality fake submariners for $600. I think yours is a pretty decent one and you should get around $50

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is a healthy fake rolex market, just cant sell it through anyone reputable. I am not even sure you can sell it through craigslist. My buddy bought one at a flea market but I know some of those will run you out for selling knockoffs.

The Feds raid flea markets around here all the time. If you sell knock offs at one you will get hit & you will go to jail. Counterfeit goods are highly targeted by the authorities around here these days. Only places I see getting away with selling fake anything are action houses, they can sell anything it seems without any repercussion.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found a gold submariner on the beach last year. Heavy piece with green sticker on the back, proper movement, and magnified date glass. My jeweler confirmed it was a fake, but a very good one. I am still sitting on it because as posted there is no where to sell it.

image.jpg

Last edited:

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one too. Hubby asked, how do you know it's fake? Uh, the "gold" is rubbing off. If you find where to sell, let us know, please.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet while most local auction houses here will full well knowingly sell counterfeits (not selling them as real either except the Beats by Dre headphones which they misrepresent & do sell as authentic). These same auction houses wont sell switch blades & they are not even illegal here anymore.:icon_scratch: They also sell alcohol in pallets (I'm sure not knowingly) but I see it all the time where some one finds a box full of airplane liquor bottles full or decanters still half full & so on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread