Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bigger GE fan I got at the mmhs rummage sale . I put it in my box with about 10 other items -
( coleman lantern , hardware stuff , 2 glass architectural bricks , polaroid camera ,etc . + the FAN . $3.00 for the box .
I go to another yard sale & I get the Kenmore fan for $1.00 . 2 pocket knives -50 cents each - sterling mirror for $1.00 . Brass fan blade for .25 cents .

The wood knife is a Winchester - The other is Imperial .

Attachments

• fantastic 002.jpg
    fantastic 002.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 109
  • fantastic 003.jpg
    fantastic 003.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 123
  • fantastic 004.jpg
    fantastic 004.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 117

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buys. Is the mirror marked sterling? I have seen old mirrors like that but haven't found one marked silver and have always passed on them.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good scores, I love rummage sales but they are few & far between here (or maybe just very poorly advertised as I check CL, the local papers and several estate and garage sale sites several times a week and rarely see them listed). It just seems like they're under-represented locally considering I live in one of the largest cities in the US. I'll freely admit I'm a little jealous of your lovely mirror, I've handled soooo many mirrors/combs/sets etc. and never found anything but plated pieces, although it's possible I've missed marks here and there as they can be almost anywhere and hard to spot.

I'm always happy for someone when they post here that they found a beautiful piece of silver at a sale or thrift store for a song because they found that tiny STERLING stamp in a very inconspicuous spot, I've had some quite large (130 grams for $4 at GW! and 250 grams for $14 at an antique mall) silver dish scores in the last two weeks but they were marked quite plainly on the bottom which *almost* takes some of the fun out of it, lol.

OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buys. Is the mirror marked sterling? I have seen old mirrors like that but haven't found one marked silver and have always passed on them.
Yes , it's marked - STERLING PATENTED 2500 & there is a shield with the letter '' A '' in it .

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooooold post but if you still have those blades I might have a fan wanting to wear 'em!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread