Travel Posters

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Went out of my comfort zone this weekend and took a chance on something that I don't know as much about. Over 100 travel posters (airlines, cruise lines, various countries) from the 70s/80s. Lady wanted $5 per poster. I asked if she wanted rid of all of them and after she said yes, we agreed on a price of $90.

I think that there are a couple that will sell for over $100 by themselves and everything else would be gravy.

IMG_5696.JPG IMG_5687.JPG IMG_5618.JPG IMG_5610.JPG

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like they are in great shape . I have a bunch I bought last year . Nice find !

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Seems like a big gamble to me. But I have no idea of posters except condition, age, subject matter, and color...

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
The Hawaii ones do well. I have a Hawaiian air one framed in my house, I grew up in Hawaii so in woulda nabbed that poster for sure.

Might take awhile but I think you should do well

Attachments

• image-589487182.jpg
    image-589487182.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
F

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow! It seems like you did well judging from that listing. Keep us posted!

OP
OP
F

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally got around to listing these and thought I would give an update if anyone is interested. I've sold around 17 of them for a total of around $750.00 so far (one of them went for $355 alone). Still have a lot more to go through, but the what I think around the "bigger sellers" have already sold. Probably a lot of $10 posters still to go ... I'll have to weigh if it's worth the time to sell them individually or find peace with my profit, let the others go goodwill and move on to the next project.

Here's my sales history of the posters for anyone interested in learning what sold and what didn't.

fushek | eBay

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say not a bad return on $90!! I would've bought them all as well. It's easy to list a bunch like that and then just change the title and picture and a couple keywords in the listing.

A while back I bought a bunch of movie posters but they were all in Spanish. They sold for anywhere between $10 some up to $80. And then the last 15 I had left I gave to a lady I worked with they had a Spanish restaurant and she took the mall and frame them and put them on the walls for decoration. I had no idea what any of them even said!!

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got around to listing these and thought I would give an update if anyone is interested. I've sold around 17 of them for a total of around $750.00 so far (one of them went for $355 alone). Still have a lot more to go through, but the what I think around the "bigger sellers" have already sold. Probably a lot of $10 posters still to go ... I'll have to weigh if it's worth the time to sell them individually or find peace with my profit, let the others go goodwill and move on to the next project.

Here's my sales history of the posters for anyone interested in learning what sold and what didn't.

fushek | eBay

Nice!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how I missed this post! Travel posters can be great sellers as you now know. Educated guess sounds good. Gamble? Nah, not so much. Me? I'd call it a no brainer. Especially for the amount of posters that you bought. I have a couple Jack Laycox (Delta airlines) posters hanging on a wall in my house. Not so valuable but they were mounted/framed in Beverly Hills at least, and they were only $5 each lol.

PS- That Royal Caribbean Cruise poster did much better than I would have thought. Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread