Did not attend event, but took home the Silver Cup!

montanatramp

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2011
Whitefish, Montana
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stumbled accross this 1941 silver bowl tucked away amongst some 1950's trophies. Initially, I was interested in buying the 2 box lot of trophies just to resell the Art Deco-ish winged goddess figurines. This bowl was attached to a base so I could not immediatley verify that it was sterling. This was a family-run estate sale and the items were reasonbly priced at $10 per box. At home I removed the bowl from the onyx style base and there was the maker's mark and hallmarks. It weighed in at 11.5 Troy ounces - no weighting....... Some days it is great to be a picker.

Attachments

• ebay 309.jpg
    ebay 309.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 98
  • ebay 312.jpg
    ebay 312.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 115
  • ebay 313.jpg
    ebay 313.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 107
  • ebay 310.jpg
    ebay 310.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 103
  • ebay 311.jpg
    ebay 311.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 92

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buys! Did you try to track down which event this was for?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer find. Montana is a good place to hunt for treasures. I've found some good stuff up there in my travels.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey mt!! Really Nice Score!! CONGRATS!! Would be very interesting to know the event it represented!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! If those Winged Victory figurines were made of good quality material, I probably would have taken a chance on them as well. Judging by the date on the silver bowl, it is likely the items were all pre-WWII. Most things were made of high quality materials back then. Besides, I love the Art Deco style.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions