Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need Help with Jeweler's Mark

Figure I'll try here before posting it on the what is it forum. This mark is on a sterling bracelet. I think it is a "B" inside of a heart but I'm not so sure it isn't two letters combined, the more that I look at it. Here it is-

DSC08798.jpg

Sony the Fox

Jun 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe this is the mark of the Brighton jewelry company. I'm not 100% sure though.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know how sometimes you look right at something at don't see it? Happens to me a whole lot lately. You know I checked that site a couple times before posing this and never saw it. Thanks to the both of you.

ps- I found it's not sterling either after I took a piece of wet/dry sandpaper to the thing. Before that, it passed the scratch test using 18k gold solution.

Here's what the bracelet looks like-

DSC08807.jpg

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be silver plated, probably get $15 for it. Lots of Brighton sell on ebay. HH

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be silver plated, probably get $15 for it. Lots of Brighton sell on ebay. HH
Yeah, that's what I read about Brighton. It looked funny anyway before I sanded the inside of it. You'll notice the first pic shows some bubbling or blistering of the plating. When I saw the photo that I posted, I tried cleaning it and the plated (blister) look didn't go away, so I sanded it off. This is why the scratch test isn't always accurate. I guess some of their rings are sterling, the rest of their stuff is plated. It was only .25 or something anyway, into the costume pile it goes.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, that is Brighton. I have one up right now. I won't buy Brighton unless it is well under $10. I've gotten stuck with dudes. BUT, this lanyard ID holder, OH MY GOSH! This is one hot item. If you ever see one, make sure you grab it.

Also, if it has a lobster clasp, there will be a heart on it.

2014-08-31 14.36.55.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread