Welcome home morgan!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a phone call from a new seller. Can you come look at the coin collection I got? Sure I'll come out there how much do you want for it? No less then $1500!!! Umm, I'll be glad to take a look at it but I can't promise you $1500!

Drive out to his house and take a look at what he has. Mostly Bradford exchange I've never even heard of it but they seem to go on eBay well. Spent $420,

image-3375220904.jpg

image-4154105209.jpg

image-1145646067.jpg

image-3636315437.jpg

image-2586292598.jpg

Not bad for 5 Morgan's!!!

Also:

image-2861802943.jpg

image-2535040810.jpg

image-1553312520.jpg

image-1230460212.jpg

image-4003066401.jpg

Grading company is not anything worthwhile so I may just break the coins a lot of the case anyways. I'll see how some of them sell first. 15 Morgan's, 1 silver eagle, 5 half dollars, 1 quarter. I think the ones in the display case will do better they have all that information with them which is good for a collector I suppose. My buddy and I have the pleasure to go back this weekend and see the rest of his stuff! Really nice guy and I look forward to working with him some more.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's funny that the Bradford Exchange is selling those for $69.99 each. Crazy money for common circulated Morgans. They sell replica Proof Morgans too so watch out. Collectible Coins Gift - Bradford Exchange Online

Awsome! Glad to see the first and last year set is worth $279!! That's a crazy price! I was hoping to get maybe $50-70 with the case. And obviously they must sell for that high! None of the coins I bought look like they are proof. Most of them look like they came out of the washing machine. They are in pretty rough shape but he said he had some collectors lives as well and some other stuff so they're having a yard sale on Saturday so he wants me to come back Friday morning to go through his wife's jewelry box. Plus he has a collection of Washington quarters and I think half-dollars as well.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You put ads for buying on CL or something?

No, a friend has a cash for gold store. He will offer them one thing. Usually they sell to him. Once in a blue moon they say no and he passes them one of my cards. Really this is the 2nd person to call. I'll pay a little more then him since I have no over head. But on gold he gives me 88% of spot. I keep most the coins I get, unless they are junk.

Normally I sell on consignment for the person if it's worth my time. But if it's coins I'll usually just buy them. I am able to be more of a horder this way...

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not realize the stuff was so expensive. I left with the guy a case that holds 20 Morgan dollars. Another case that holds three other silver dollars and I think two single wooden cases. I will be calling him tomorrow morning to get those. he only wanted $30 for the rest of the cases but I thought they were worthless. The one that holds the silver dollars on the web site is 70 bucks!
Also was super shocked to see $279 for the first and last year Morgan's! Crazy!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Do these sell on ebay for the same prices they go for on the Bradford website? If not do you have another outlet for them?

Don't get me wrong, $320 isn't a bad deal for 15 Morgans, 1 silver eagle, 5 half dollars, 1 quarter if you are a collector/hoarder, but I don't see the profit potential being large enough to fool with.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do these sell on ebay for the same prices they go for on the Bradford website? If not do you have another outlet for them? Don't get me wrong, $320 isn't a bad deal for 15 Morgans, 1 silver eagle, 5 half dollars, 1 quarter if you are a collector/hoarder, but I don't see the profit potential being large enough to fool with.

Is a 1881s a key date? Probably not? I probably won't make a ton, but it sets me up to go back and look at the rest and probably lower what I pay over all as he said I bought the good stuff.... At least that is the plan. The ones slabbed seem to be getting 40ish per coin. I will know Friday. But as for now have to go get something from another guy here shortly. This one will be a better deal....

http://bit.ly/1qymLId

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Is a 1881s a key date? Probably not? I probably won't make a ton, but it sets me up to go back and look at the rest and probably lower what I pay over all as he said I bought the good stuff.... At least that is the plan. The ones slabbed seem to be getting 40ish per coin. I will know Friday. But as for now have to go get something from another guy here shortly. This one will be a better deal....

http://bit.ly/1qymLId

1881s is the most common date. It is widely available in high grade and with proof like and deep mirror proof like surfaces. The strike is typically strong with full hair and eagle's feathers common. It is remarkable in the high production numbers that the overall quality was so high.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today brought the average price paid down on the coins. Spent another $200 and got two football jerseys one of the college player who was a NFL player that should sell around $100 and 14.9 grams of 10k.

image-1041499140.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder why when I search those they don't show up. Of course now my whole eBay account is not showing up now ! I think they got hacked again.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've heard there is a Paypal & ebay issue going on right now. Supposed to be maintenance or something. I wouldn't panic yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread