Tiffany 2.jpg
    698.7 KB · Views: 129

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
You can take it to a Tiffany store. They will tell you. At worst, you can ask if they will clean it. They charge $10 or $15 to clean it, but will only clean real Tiffany stuff. The receipt for cleaning is a certificate of authenticity.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
That almost seems too uncommon to fake. But a Mexico mark? Does Tiffany make stuff in Mexico? This weekend I bought a box of jewelry for $5 at a garage sale, because I saw a Tiffany choker peeking through the junk. The medallion is stamped 925, Tiffany, "Please Return to Tiffany & Co., New York" and is not metallic. The thick chain is as magnetic as hell. Fake, I will bet.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe there was a designer who made stuff either it was for Tiffany or she was hired by Tiffany to make certain things. I had a money clip a while back that was Tiffany and Company made in Mexico and I had all the paperwork with it. So yes they did make stuff out of Mexico but it was a very short time I believe.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I'll also point out that I have a man's Tiffany & Co. watch. Tiffany basically took different Swiss movement watches and stuck their name on the dial.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
With what Beachkid said, and the fact that it appears to be an uncommon piece, I would lean to the stick pin being real.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Can I hijack the thread? I was just going to come and write the same exact thread ... Guys ... real or fake? I can't get to the Tiffany store for a little bit.

2014-09-04 14.26.44.jpg 2014-09-04 14.27.19.jpg

I can't find anything like this.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will have to get T&Co. send it off to get cleaned and authenticated, your local store will probably not know the answer. HH

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Tiffany store was no help. They have no idea and don't want to say anything. Local jeweler thinks it real because it is not magnetic, tested positive for silver and .. because it is so tiny, he said counterfeiters don't do that. They do knock offs of the bigger pieces, not teeny tiny ones.

Called Tiffany & Co. Couldn't help. Sent me to the research department. They want a thousand to research it. Uh, no thanks. Not sure what I am going to do.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiffany store was no help. They have no idea and don't want to say anything. Local jeweler thinks it real because it is not magnetic, tested positive for silver and .. because it is so tiny, he said counterfeiters don't do that. They do knock offs of the bigger pieces, not teeny tiny ones. Called Tiffany & Co. Couldn't help. Sent me to the research department. They want a thousand to research it. Uh, no thanks. Not sure what I am going to do.

Same thing happened to somone else in the today's find thread He dug up a ring I believe and they wouldn't authenticate anything unless he paid like $600

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sell it as "MARKED Tiffany & Co" and let it be. I would generally advise against this, but since there is no sensible means of authentication available and all other evidence points toward it being real, I think it's safe to let the market decide what to pay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread