Word-of-mouth travels fast!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought some stuff from somebody two weeks ago and got a phone call from a relative of theirs today. I've been sick for the last week so I haven't really felt like buying very much but I went and took a look at what they had. Ended up spending $175. And they have a platinum ring I have to go back and see hopefully next week but I've never messed with platinum so I'm probably out of my league. But besides that here's what I bought. First is a 14 carat diamond ring that is dated 1908 inside. it is a 1/3ct.

image-1548654800.jpg

image-224783275.jpg

This is the third time this week I have bought a diamond ring. I think I'm done until I sell some of them!

Paperweights always seem to be popular on this site so I bought two of those I don't know anything about them.

image-510158222.jpg

And then there's a box of jewelry that Christmas threw up in!

image-4236085842.jpg

image-2275209363.jpg

image-3204067906.jpg

A lot of them are signed and are kind of vintage so they should do alright.

And this little guy I'm not sure why I bought it I think because I used to catch frogs is a kid LOL.

image-1076601523.jpg

image-3422026088.jpg

And last are some hand painted leaves.

image-1546278989.jpg

image-2604824058.jpg

image-1959959594.jpg

I really like these I'm not sure if I'm going to list them or I may frame them and put them on the wall.

Back to word-of-mouth while listing this right here I just got a text message from another person who wants me to come over tomorrow and look at Indian jewelry from Mexico. Along with Mexican gold jewelry and some other pieces as well! Love it! Best part about that is my mothers in town and she loves that stuff so I don't have to go far to resell it!

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the leaf motif.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your poison frog box thing. Pretty neat and worth a nice chicken dinner.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have a pic of the one dated 1908 on the inside? Just curious, because i found a gold ringa few years ago with 1908 on the inside

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be a good time here soon to unload those Christmas jewelry pieces? As for the pt ring, I'd do what you can to get it at no more then spot price if you can, and better if you can get it for less then the scrap value. It will all depend on the ring itself to go beyond the value of that. If it's a genuine classic art deco pt piece, getting it at or a bit over scrap value should make a nice profit. No telling until we see it to say what to do, I think your on your own on that deal. It could be a total fake ?? so, Good Luck!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be a good time here soon to unload those Christmas jewelry pieces? As for the pt ring, I'd do what you can to get it at no more then spot price if you can, and better if you can get it for less then the scrap value. It will all depend on the ring itself to go beyond the value of that. If it's a genuine classic art deco pt piece, getting it at or a bit over scrap value should make a nice profit. No telling until we see it to say what to do, I think your on your own on that deal. It could be a total fake ?? so, Good Luck!

I don't think it's fake I have a diamond checker and it rang solid. And tested for 14k. But I think in the future I'm going to pass on them unless they are at scrap is kind of a pain to unload them everybody wants to know the quality of the diamond and I have no clue!

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Is it worth getting an appraisal from a known jewelry store? I ask because I have a chance to buy one but have no idea of the quality. ( sorry, not trying to hijack )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread