Help with makers mark.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bill - It's tough to be certain without a photo - but I'd say:

Crown = Sheffield
Keys = Makers Mark?

It is almost certainly silver plate. Google Sheffield Silver Plate Crown and Keys marks.

shofs

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Sniper Sluice 30"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a piece of silver plate in a second hand store did not buy it because wanted to find out if it is plated. it has a crown and then 2 skelton keys crossed beside it.I have been looking and can not find them online has any body got any info on this ?
Silver Hallmarks Encyclopedia. "crossed keys"
This site's search function is the best I've found if you have to search by just the description of the mark. There are many, many marks that look similar to each other, without a picture we wont be able to tell you much unfortunately. The link is to marks of "crossed keys".

It's important to note too that site I linked doesn't include silver plate marks. If I had to guess I would agree with Randazzo1 that the piece is silver plate, especially if those 2 marks were the only ones on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
Thanks guys,I have been trying to thank Rand,but I keep getting a message that my post needs to be 3 charaters longer and after leaving 30 more on it still the same thang maybe now it will post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread