Selling on Facebook

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I was at an estate sale yesterday and ran into a guy I know and we started talking. Anyway he says he has had success selling stuff on facebook through local facebook pages. He specifically mentioned a set of jarts. I was interested as I too have a set collecting dust. Anyway anyone know what this is all about? I don't do facebook, but I might have to learn.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Parents actually sell clothes on FB..they have some groups within areas that deal in alot of that. I would go for it.

What kind of Jars are you selling?

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy off them occasionally, but everyone around here wants everything for .05 cents on the dollar.... Cheap cheap people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you think ebay is evil, just wait until you experience facebook. Facebook will follow you around the web for advertising purposes. Facebook deliberately creates conflict -- if there's a post about feminism, for example, underneath it facebook might recommend an article about how Hillary is the anti-Christ. And facebook, not you, decides what you see in your facebook feed. It is no wonder that teenagers have abandoned it.

That doesn't mean you can't sell there. Facebook, like any corporation, has no morality other than profit. But unlike most corporations, it has a window into your life and the cash to exploit it.

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Just search for yard sal style groups in your area on Facebook and join them. I haven't bothered because there only a few people as members. And stuff sits for sale on ours for a long time. Not a big enough audience.

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
I belong to 3 different groups and have bought and sold locally for several years with no problems. There are groups for specific interests also. Antiques, clothes and shoes, NO clothes and shoes allowed, man stuff etc; A couple of groups boast well over 2,000 members. I give em a big thumbs up!!!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Selling on facebook = selling on craigslist in my experience. for every 1 good sale you have 10 people that waste your time.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I do have an account on FB, but I haven't sold anything on there.

Personally, and it is just me, but I get sick of the never-ending garage sale trash that is offered there. It is mostly clothes, and overpriced junk. I have a friend who uses ebay to sell stuff, and she says that people will nickel and dime you to death over a $2 pair of kids shoes, but only after you have driven 7 miles to meet them.

I also unfriended a guy that I went to college with. He is a nice guy and all, but I got sick of seeing his 18 posts a day trying to sell extremely overpriced stuff with the most annoying descriptions in the world.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not do facebook but my wife does and she has done well selling stuff on there, Coach purses, clothes and such.

buzzhead

Sep 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got over 30 pages in my area... Huge waste of time. I used to cruise them 3 times a day. I've met a few good friends from buys but 99% of them are welfare bums workin the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Well I have a friend who's wife belongs to a local group. I sent him some pics of the jarts and he said she can put them up no problem. We will see where this goes.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had little luck selling on FB, but I've had quite a bit of luck buying on FB. As was said above - cheapest people in the world.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread