First Platinum score, FLATWARE! and some disney picture help.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Scored my first platinum ever.

store52 (1).JPG

Ok so not real platinum but this game sells for about the same.

Next, learn your flatware!

001.JPG
Yamazaki Ramona Black Gold 5 Piece Place Setting More Avail New Old Stock | eBay

One 5 piece setting is going for $55, I have service for 16 and 2 serving pieces. 82 pieces total. Had to pay $100 for the set but the woman in charge obviously had no idea what she had. There was a cheap stainless set there marked at $95. I think she was just putting $100 on all the flatware sets. This stuff can be a goldmine, not many people know the value.

Same sale I bought this picture for a couple of bucks.

002.JPG

Looks like a still but colored in a reflective paint? It kinda of changes color if you shift the picture. I can't find another one like it on ebay and have no idea what keywords to look for. Probably from the 90's. The frame is newer and it is probably gift shop junk, but I thought it was cool so I grabbed it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and HH!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Cool stuffs.
On the Disney, try searching "foil prints" "foil metallic prints", that's where I came across this one. The single prints I saw were going for 4 and 5 bucks. They were simple prints, yours seem to be a little more detailed.

1980's Walt Disney Mickey Minnie Mouse Foil Dufex Print 8x10 Made in England | eBay

Found the exact print.

Disney Mickey Mouse Hollywood Star Foil Dufex Print Set of 2 Minnie Daisy Goofy | eBay

It was one of the few that actually sold.

Thanks for the help.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I learned about flatware from this thread! I bought a set of Rogers Bros Eternally Yours with wooden box for $15 and just sold it CHEAP for $115! I could have gotten more but I selling stuff as soon as possible because I have a chance to get 1500 grams of silver in an upcoming auction! That…or an iPhone 6! LOL!
Great score on your part! Keep us updated on the flatware when you list or sell it outright!

OP
OP

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I learned about flatware from this thread! I bought a set of Rogers Bros Eternally Yours with wooden box for $15 and just sold it CHEAP for $115! I could have gotten more but I selling stuff as soon as possible because I have a chance to get 1500 grams of silver in an upcoming auction! That…or an iPhone 6! LOL! Great score on your part! Keep us updated on the flatware when you list or sell it outright!
Just listed the flatware, see where it goes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread