SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got this 1884 W Brookfield New York insulator from a sale today! In perfect condition! Couldn't be happier. (Free with bundle)

image-3111685672.jpg

image-1324423173.jpg

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very attractive and hey cant beat the price!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are cool. I used to have some but then An electrical company I used to work for, we remodeled Thomas Edison's winter home here in Fort Myers. We were in the attic in the main house underneath his house all of the Estates here we did work on! The whole house was wired with knob and tube obviously because it was back in the day. And actually a lot of that they still used when we rewired it. We found light bulbs in the ceiling some of probably the original ones from when they were first made by him. Or close to it. It was an awesome job!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I travel west I drive by in places in Wyoming and Nevada that you can see the remnants of the first the transcontinental RR grade and I'll stop and take a little time to stretch my legs along those sites. I've got one spike found so far, but I'm hoping I stumble across something like a Mulford & Biddle threadless glass insulator of the period. Some insulators can be worth their weight in gold and could very well show up in a yard sale, flea market or antique shop unrecognized by the seller. Pole Top Discoveries & Glass Discoveries | Auction #68 Review | Peachridge Glass

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find!..The local antique shop here sells the Modern/common ones for like 8 bucks..lol

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I have to go back and look at the bag of insulators I bought for about $2.00 early this summer. The guy worked for the phone company and his widow and granddaughter were selling stuff. I didn't know what they were at first and they explained them to me. I remembered seeing them in my youth and since the guy had wrapped them up individually and the colors were nice, I decided to buy them. The family said he collected anything that was related to the job and was almost willing to pay me to take them. I still remember they had a 6 foot long box of commercial sandpaper for $10. I had no place to store it and could not think of any buddies to call about it.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it! As a kid I used to walk the tracks near my grandparents house to look for them, only ever found fairly modern ones as far as I know but I still loved the thrill of the hunt! I also just loved walking on railroad tracks, so that helped. I have a purple one and a wine bottle green one that I got at a flea market years ago, I should research those ones a little more.

OP
OP
SCDigginWithAK

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks y'all! It's my first one. I think I might look for them more often now. Some are quite rare apparently! Thanks for looking

OP
OP
SCDigginWithAK

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love it! As a kid I used to walk the tracks near my grandparents house to look for them, only ever found fairly modern ones as far as I know but I still loved the thrill of the hunt! I also just loved walking on railroad tracks, so that helped. I have a purple one and a wine bottle green one that I got at a flea market years ago, I should research those ones a little more.

I Would love to find some

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay away from the clear Hemingrays, lol! Look for anything with color or an unusual shape. Condition always plays a role too.

OP
OP
SCDigginWithAK

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stay away from the clear Hemingrays, lol! Look for anything with color or an unusual shape. Condition always plays a role too.

Yeah the clears are unattractive to me anyways, plus they still are used on the poles around here. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread