cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most expensive yard sale buy is my daughter's Alma Mater. She graduated one year ago, pre-med veterinary science. Last June she finished year one of a two year college. The only courses are animal care and running a zoo.

Last month I told her she is my 401K retirement account. All I got was a "ugg"

All you young uns out there better start saving now. I don't need to worry about you Tory. Kella will go to any college she wants.

Attachments

• CPP.jpg
    CPP.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 723

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
The most expensive yard sale buy is my daughter's Alma Mater. She graduated one year ago, pre-med veterinary science. Last June she finished year one of a two year college. The only courses are animal care and running a zoo.

All you young uns out there better start saving now. I don't need to worry about you Tory. Kella will go to any college she wants.

darn...... Congratulations, it's a wonderful thing you've done, but I hear you Dan, I 'll have a whole new respect whenever I see one of those Cal poly license plates attached to a silver blur doing 95 through orange county on the 5

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you look too old to have a daughter in college

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling. My son graduated last May with a degree in Finance. And I am still financing him. Gee, 120K- that's alot of $1 yard sale picks.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what's her email?

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling. My son graduated last May with a degree in Finance. And I am still financing him. Gee, 120K- that's alot of $1 yard sale picks.
$120,000?? No just 40 for cal poly and another 20-24 for where she is now. She got a free ride from this school, that really helped. My only fee each semester is $35 for a parking fee. I still have to pay $100 each for the books.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you look too old to have a daughter in college

Yea, got started late in life. I always told her I am old enough to be her grandfather.
That is not my real picture here on my posts. It is my younger brother. You don't want to see my old face.

S

stefen

There's 2 California State Polytechnic Universities; Pomona and San Luis Obispo...

Both Ag schools with similar programs...

Which one did your daughter graduate from?

I'm guessing Pomona due to the cost...closer to home...student housing on top of tuition, at SLO would break the bank...

Great school...I graduated from Pomona in 72' when the admin didn't know if it was to be a college or a university status in the Cal-State program right up to graduation day...it had to do with the advanced degrees offered (Masters & Doctorates) within the 4 colleges in the university makeup...

Give her a hug and a pat on the back.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I did my first three years at Los Angeles City College, I think it cost me about $500 a year....
The bonus was I completely brushed up on my Spanish at the same time.

A native English speaker was basically guaranteed an "A" in English 101 or 102 back in the early 90s

if I have kids, they will prove themselves in California's community colleges first, if they do well, I'll write the checks for USC or Cal poly, if not then they can prove themselves managing real estate or at their choice of summer jobs, at which point I'll match whatever contributions towards tuition that they make at UC San Diego, or Irvine....

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I

Congrats on your daughter, Dan. I know first hand how demanding that school and the field she chose can be but if she loves it, she will do it forever and never "work" a day in her life

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Based on the Mustangs on the plate I'm going with cal poly in central Cali near Santa Barbara.

Free education for the wi !

omga747

Oct 28, 2011
Southern CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Based on the Mustangs on the plate I'm going with cal poly in central Cali near Santa Barbara.

Free education for the wi !
Hey, but Pomona is the Broncos!

And that's where I'm at! Cal Poly Pomona that is. Definitely a great school for agriculture and also engineering (what I'm doing there), though driving the 91 and 57 freeways 4 days a week gets old veeeery fast.

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Congratulations to both you and Heather, Dan. You are right, I have told Kel she can go to any college she wants..................within a 20 mile radius of her bedroom here at home. I am doing my best on the college savings thing. Not there yet, but I have 9 more yrs to save and pick. And even though she is 9, I have already explained to her that she is going to have to help out and get good grades and scholarships. I wouldn't be doing as well as I have without your help and from all the info I find here on Tnet. You and Diggumup should probably probably get invites to my daughter's graduation, when that day comes. Not that I haven't learned from several others also. I am just enjoying watching her grow up and trying to do everything right. Again, congratulations, Dan.

T.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved my only daughter into college 500 miles away... in New Orleans. I would have went bad in a hurry, but I think she'll be fine.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's 2 California State Polytechnic Universities; Pomona and San Luis Obispo...

Both Ag schools with similar programs...

Which one did your daughter graduate from?

I'm guessing Pomona due to the cost...closer to home...student housing on top of tuition, at SLO would break the bank...

Great school...I graduated from Pomona in 72' when the admin didn't know if it was to be a college or a university status in the Cal-State program right up to graduation day...it had to do with the advanced degrees offered (Masters & Doctorates) within the 4 colleges in the university makeup...

Give her a hug and a pat on the back.

Yes, Pomona but she lived on campus all 4 years. I did not want her to have to drive the 57 onec or twice everyday. That freeway can be a parking lot.

What does a graduate from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo call a graduate from Cal Poly Pomona?

BOSS

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, Pomona but she lived on campus all 4 years. I did not want her to have to drive the 57 onec or twice everyday. That freeway can be a parking lot.

What does a graduate from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo call a graduate from Cal Poly Pomona?

BOSS

Plaintiff?, Warden?

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, but Pomona is the Broncos! And that's where I'm at! Cal Poly Pomona that is.
By all the responses, Cal Poly seems to be pretty well known. What year are you in? Heather got out in june 2013. If you bought at the Farm store before that you probably ran into her at the register. She worked there and the book store.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter graduated from Virginia Tech 2 years ago as a Veterinarian. She worked and paid for the first four years herself and did student loans for the last four. She has a great job that she loves at the SPCA in Charlottesville VA. and a large student loan debt. I'm unbelievably proud of her.

omga747

Oct 28, 2011
Southern CA
Primary Interest:
Other
By all the responses, Cal Poly seems to be pretty well known. What year are you in? Heather got out in june 2013. If you bought at the Farm store before that you probably ran into her at the register. She worked there and the book store.
Third year aerospace engineering. And if that's the case I probably have seen her at the farm store. That would've been my first year, and I stopped in a few times, once when we were launching model rockets at the pumpkin patch!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread