Interesting Denver Snapback

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is the first snapback I've ever bought for resale. I got it this morning at the thrift store.

I can't find any pics or info online of the hat, no matter what I search. What do you guys think? Seems like someone out there might appreciate it. Maybe list it at $15-20 free shipping? I also got a dallas cowboys hat for .99 ... what's the average starting price to list these kinds of hats? I passed up some hats also, a brewers hat, notre dame & some other college hats. I just wasn't sure about them. Seemed like the brewers and notre dame snapbacks were flooding ebay listings and I saw an awful lot more unsold than sold in completed listings.

photo (9).JPG
photo (10).JPG
photo (12).JPG
photo (13).JPG

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would say have it run the auction route and see what happens. A Denver broncos flintstone shirt just sold for 49.99 so it could do better than 20. Just my thoughts anyway

OP
OP
AwakenYouthful

AwakenYouthful

Aug 31, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that sounds good to me. I feel like I always get less money with auction, but its so much more fun. Plus you get to empty your inventory quicker, which is nice.

Man i couldnt find anything flintstone broncos. Whered you see that?

bdsawyer

Feb 25, 2014
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah the auction route is more fun, and you win some and lose some that way. I figure if you set the price at 14.99 with free shipping and let it go via auction, you may get two people to bid and make a little more. That's how I usually start with an item that is uncommon.
I searched completed listings with Denver broncos flintstones and the shirt showed up.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely do auction, especially for an item of unknown value. When you're at the thrift store looking for hats, Good things to look for are brands (Sports Specialties, New Era, Logo 7, Logo Athletic, The Game), and teams with a dedicated fan base or teams that are currently doing well. I have found recently teams that sell well for me are Chicago Bulls, New England Patriots, UW Huskies, University of Oregon Ducks, San Francisco 49ers, Oakland Raiders, Anaheim Mighty Ducks, Charlotte Hornets, Baltimore Orioles, and Atlanta braves (and others that I'm not remembering right now of course), while teams such as cincinatti reds, florida marlins, Miami Dolphins, cincinatti Bengals, chicago cubs, University of Notre Dame have been selling very poorly. Obviously this isn't a complete list by any stretch,this is just what I've noticed in hat sales over the past few months, but it will give you a start.

Really the best advice I can give is keep an eye on who is doing well in the sporting world, and pick accordingly. For example I'm trying to find all of my KC Royals and Baltimore Orioles stuff right now so I can list it while the listing is good. Royals stuff especially will never sell as good as it is right now. There are some teams that just always sell (like the Chicago bulls and the niners to name a few), but most sports stuff is very susceptible to the shifting tide of fan allegiances.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread