Vintage Peseux Military Watch Unknown Date

memekode

Greenie
Aug 29, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone have any information on the watch maker Peseux? I have found Pegeux and Pejoux but not one Peseux. Says Peseux 173 on face. Inside it says 15 jewel Swiss Made. Back cover says Made In Switzerland Stainless Steel Back 31291. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
20141016_161303.jpg 20141016_161358.jpg 20141016_161529.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Adding further:
The small town of Peseux is located in the canton of Neuchâtel not far from the north shore of Lac de Neuchâtel. Peseux Fabrique d’Ébauches Peseux S.A. was founded in 1923 and in early 1930s was acquired by Ébauches S.A.
Source:
http://iwmagazine.com/2011/12/02/five-vintage-hearts/
Don.....
PS: Lastly......."Peseux" is in fact not not the name of a manufacture, but instead refers to the locale of Peseux within the Boudry district of the canton of Neuchatel, where small independent ebauche producer Charles Bernese began in 1923. It was assimilated by Ebauches S.A. ten years later in 1933, though it remained independently managed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

memekode

Greenie
Aug 29, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Primary Interest:
Other
I am starting to think that the Peseux 173 on the face was done in a refurb process. As I look closer it seems to be hand painted on the face. Just a baffling watch. Thank you all for the input.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Swiss made wristwatch was made during the WWII era. These designs were well made precision time pieces for the demand by folks in the armed forces of those days, because not everyone was issued a military time piece. Many lesser known Swiss watch brands along with more well known high end watch makers produced watches for the market demand at that time. Some makers such as yours were short lived and went out of business shortly after the need for a military spec. watch demand ended. Many high end Swiss makers even produced watches for the German military market in those days and those are highly valued by collectors today. It was a very productive time for the watchmakers of Switzerland in those days. Your watch was made with the best of materials and precision to hold up in rugged conditions. Your watch would have no problem running as it should for the next 100 plus years if service every 20 years or so.

Attachments

• military watch helvetia.jpg
    military watch helvetia.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 265
  • military watch longines.jpg
    military watch longines.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 251
  • military watch rolex.jpg
    military watch rolex.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 175
OP
OP
M

memekode

Greenie
Aug 29, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Primary Interest:
Other
That is fantastic news! I really love the watch and am trying to find out as much as I can. Have you ever seen a Peseux branded watch? I can't seem to find anything on the internet about this "brand". Thank you for the images, I love the Longines brand and now might be in search of one of these. Really appreciate the info. Thank you very much

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread