Our overpriced Thrift store missed some!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one thrift store by us where I have been getting the hats from have overpriced their jewelry recently. And normally the prices are outrageous for silver and probably five times above spot on used gold jewelry. So I went today expecting not buy any jewelry because the crazy prices but ended up finding two things this pendant was $7.99. Sterling silver. Note the two sides are different!

image-2068598314.jpg

image-4138097801.jpg

And then there was a bracelet that is marked Sterling with Moonstown but it's signed by a really good designer. It was $5.99 signed wre... A similiar sold for $75!

image-2719871109.jpg

There was another pair of earrings that I paid a $1.99 for. They were screw backs and I cant see a marking on them and I thought well, only high-end earrings have screw threads on them. But as I found out so to sterling silver ones with CZ in them.... I thought for sure they were either white gold or platinum with diamonds but I didn't know anyone even made threaded Sterling silver earrings! So there's the lesson for the day! But for a $1.99 who cares...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread