I bought two dolls last week and one really stinks.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't resist these dolls.

No, even tho I was born in Hollywood, I am not that kind of guy.

It was past lunch time and the lady really wanted to sell and I couldn't refuse $1 each. I can tell they are old but other than that I know nothing. They are some kind of plastic. (not barbie plastic, much harder)

No marking on the back of the neck either. one has "200" on back of head. the one with white shoes has the company name "Fairyland Toy Prod." on the bottom of the shoes. Boy does that girl smell bad. like she has been making blue cheese.

Yes they are both amputees, but I have the limbs and an extra set of arms.

Attachments

• DOLL-1.jpg
    DOLL-1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 98
  • DOLL-2.jpg
    DOLL-2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DOLL-3.jpg
    DOLL-3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DOLL-4.jpg
    DOLL-4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 104

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dolls appear to be from the 1950's by the looks of the hair and clothes. Fairyland Toy Prod. is not the maker of the doll, they only made shoes for dolls. They were in business in the 50's. I couldn't find a maker reference for any hard plastic dolls marked with only "200" on the back of the head. Hard Plastic, Plastic & Vinyl Doll Marks 1946+

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you looked in the middle of their backs for info? My mom's old doll had info there.
Anybody see a reason not to try simple clay kitty litter immersion for the smell? (maybe just up to the neck, the hair is really nice).

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Febreeze might not be safe for the old bodies, and I wouldn't use it on the fabric either. Woolite maybe, with lots of rinsing. I know there are doll hospitals for repairs, there are probably websites dedicated to safe cleaning, after he ID's what he has.

Sorry to jump in again, just believe in "first, do no harm" approach.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my G-ma collected dolls, I remember her putting them in a big bag with a box of baking soda for a week to rid the smell..Dont know if that works on the bleu cheese smells thou..lol.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my G-ma collected dolls, I remember her putting them in a big bag with a box of baking soda for a week to rid the smell..Dont know if that works on the bleu cheese smells thou..lol.

somebody told me that this type of plastic does get a pukey kind of smell and there is a process to remove it. but she didn't know what it was. guess I will dig deeper into doll repair.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
somebody told me that this type of plastic does get a pukey kind of smell and there is a process to remove it. but she didn't know what it was. guess I will dig deeper into doll repair.

That makes sense. I've had some plastic tool boxes and tackle boxes that would do that. Nasty stuff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread